1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

r4ds where did you get yours and how much?

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by weedude99, Nov 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wally1234

Wally1234 Member

That's fine, I just think you should me more clearer with your posts as it could quite easily be interpreted that way.

2. klown07

klown07 Guest

Well, hello everyone I'm new to the site and once I saw this thread, I thought I might help out a few people. I'm new to this whole custom firmware and flash card stuff, so after LOTS of google searching and reading and staying up all night and morning doing research, I decided to go with a ds lite instead of a psp for now....Long story short I bought my R4DS package from amazon.com from the seller jacob_kab. He has a near perfect seller rating and sells them for $24.00 or $26.00 i forget right now. Plus change lol. I'm rounding the price out. I bought my kingston 2gb micro-sd card from newegg.com for $8 or so dollars. I hope this helps for anyone looking for good prices!

3. RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

People selling on Amazon claim they have Version 3's are fakes! Another forum saying they got ripped off buying from people on Amazon and that it's basically the same seller having multiple accounts. Same crap people do on ebay...

Anyway, I got mine at deveno.com. They use PayPal as their payment system so if anything happens, you can always complain to PayPal and get your money back... But mine arrived in exactly 1 week so it was cool... The package come from Hong Kong if anyone wanted to know... has a tracking number as well...

Paid $32.99 + shipping for it about 3 months ago and I just checked the price, it went down to $23.99... not a bad deal I would say...

Just my 2 cents...

4. woof811

woof811 Regular member

5. elenor911

elenor911 Member

I'm currently an American student studying in Shenyang, China. I have found a deal and connection for R4DS's, a little under $40 American for both the R4DS and 2gb Lexar compatible memory chip. The units sold to me could be had for a lot less considering I'd order a numerous amount but I guess I was just looking for some opinions on if I should take 50 or so back to the states with me.

I also would be more than happy to share with people on the forum though I'm new here.

6. great1122

great1122 Member

Ok I currently placed an order on this site called http://www.r4dsusa.com. It's a site for those of you who can't use paypal. I sent the check to them. tell you how it goes. Good site but keeps rising there price for r4ds (original) they also sell the upgrade. Also they offer free shipping plus gift certificate whatever that is. It's most likely a new business because they are adding new products and changing there sites look every now and then. They finally got a confirmed r4ds price of 32.99 + free shipping. It looks like a reasonable site for my r4ds is already started shipping today. Why it took so long for me is that I sent them a check. Credit card is probably faster. So anyone wanting to buy a r4ds, I do recommend this site. I got my r4ds it only cost me 25.99 would have cost me less if I placed the order earlier. But it's a real r4ds works perfectly. It is real if you really want to know since they do sell the fake versions too. so yeah check this site out.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2008
  7. Shubox

Shubox Member

Got a few from Volumerate have to give those guys props they do wonderful business very VERY happy with my purchase... cheapest you will find.

8. jojoson

jojoson Guest

I got my R4 DS from www.gamekool.com
    Fast delivery and good service
    That's cool.I really enjoy it.
    But some one told me M3 real is better than R4, so what do you guys think, would you plz give me some advice?

9. klown07

klown07 Guest

Sure, my advice would be to go with the best, while albeit, expensive one...the CycloDS Evolution. Hands down. Next alternative i suppose would be M3 Real. and also, a GREAT website to go to for forums and news and lots of other stuff is gbatemp[dot]net
    from rom releases to english translations of japanese games, to cheats, new, they got everything, but some advice, DO NOT ask for roms or ask where you can get them, they don't themselves host any roms on the site, they are purely informational. My favorite site for said items is ndash[dot]eu

10. jojoson

jojoson Guest

i got my R4 from www.gamekool.com.
    I like this site very much. the price is reasonable and fast delivery.

I'm not sure they still accept coupon or not.( it can save you 2% of the total amount).

Anyway, you could ask their LIVE SUPPORT to check this out.

11. great1122

great1122 Member

M3 real is a bummer. The m3 simply is better for gods sake. The r4 is way better.

12. RyoSaeba

RyoSaeba Member

Price you mentioned at the other places are expensive as well! $28 at gamekool?? expenive! No real pictures of actual item and their page isn't even updated (newest kernel is 1.18 not 1.17). I would never buy from them. Too lazy to update their page = too lazy to care about their customers.

I got mine from www.Deveno.com and they even have a picture of the real product. Also, they come recommended by the R4DS-Forum people. They do a combo deal where they preload the microSD card with English firmware plus games! Who else does that!?

$23.99 is the best price around! I've heard that the prices might be going up soon because of manufacturing problems. China, believe it or not, is cracking down on the flash cart business and closing down flash cart factories. So get yours while you still can at this great price. They ship worldwide as well.

Oh and read this wiki entry about fake R4s that can kill your DS. Yup, for those of you who got scammed on buying a Updrage-II or III R4... they are totally fakes that can kill your DS after a while. Good luck!

13. tpm302

tpm302 Member

you can get the new R4 sdhc for 39 dollars at amazon.com. They maybe cheaper ones available. I've seen the older R4s that don't support the sdhc memory available at dealextreme for 27 dollars. The old cards can only hold 1gb or 2gb microSD. which is about 20-40 nintendo ds games. With the R4 Sdhc at amazon you can hold hundreds of games if you get an 8gb or 16gb microSDHC. So the right card depends on how many games you plan on using.

14. minizelda

minizelda Guest

DO NOT BUY R4DS FROM AMAZON.COM. Most of the R4 there are FAKE. As we all know (and if you do some research), original R4DS does not support more than 2GB. Some companies claims that they have R4DS-II or R4DS-upgrade that supports SDHC (4GB), and it has already been verified that they are indeed not made by original team R4 and will be in big risk of bricking your Nintendo DS Lite.

I would highly recommend you buy from authorized reseller like Systemgears.com or any other reliable sellers, definitely not amazon!

15. gameboy8

gameboy8 Guest

i think classic R4 DS card which support 2GB card is a reliable product, i don't want to damage my DS machine with unreliable new product R4 SDHC Card.

I just got a classic R4 DS card from depot888.com, sale price $23.99, with promotion code 280721, we can get another $2.0 discount, last price only $21.99.

depot888.com is a paypal verified website with Canada based phone support,so no need worry about fraud.

Shipping is from Hong Kong, takes about 2 weeks to get the product. A little bit slow, otherwise highly recommend this site.

16. Hexol

Hexol Member

I also bought mine from Systemgears. They have great customer support and fast shipping. Highly recommended.

17. brian12

brian12 Member

The only place to get your cards is www.Deveno.com
    i bought three from him and found him to be very honest and helpful.
    i am certainly going to to buisness with him again soon as its hard to find somebody who you can trust these days.All cards are genuine.
    Best of luck going forward jason ....rgds
    brian
    ireland

18. CutePichu

CutePichu Member

I checked out www.Dangbox.com, they are having a sale for the R4DS plus they have NDS accessories as well, some pretty cool cases. You also get a cool Dangbox sticker with your purchase :)

Last edited: Aug 10, 2008
  19. amby1999

amby1999 Member

cheapest by a million mile on amazon a company called digi co.uk
    £under £14 with 2 gb micro sd i bought 30 5 days ago 1/8/08

20. corchox

corchox Regular member

what's an r4 ? is that better than cyclods?

Last edited: Aug 12, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.