1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R4i 3ds firmwarec 1.60b

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by kevinlow, Aug 25, 2012.

1. kevinlow

kevinlow Member

Hi, my boys update their 3DS's to 4.3. We tried to update the cards but when we update using a DS lite it update and says it only supports 3DS v4.2. I downloaded the latest version released 13/08/12. Is there anything we can do.
    I have read you may need a dsi because it update now via wifi? Is this true?
    I have tried formatting and reinstalling. I tried replacing the flash.r4i file but it will only update to version supporting 3d3 4.2.
    Any help is appreciated

2. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

According to their site, it supposed to work on 4.3.0.10

But mine won't update on the 3DS or my Dslite

The last update that worked on my Ds Lite is 1.58b, and now it won't show an update.

I have to find my charger for the DSi before I can try it.

Sorry can't help you, but just wanted to say I have issues with updating as well.

3. shalome

shalome Regular member

I have to say this is a very normal problem now for the R4i sdhc 3ds card from r4i-sdhc team. i have tried my two cards, one of them can update smoothly. but the other, didnt show the update icon. same problem as yours. so the new V1.60 firmware is only working for some old cards, can not work for the others. i am afraid you need to buy another card if they dont fix this problem (they always dont), just buy a always update card such as DStwo, r4i gold 3ds ( http://www.dsflashcart.com/r4i-gold-3ds-wood-r4i-3ds-flashcard-for-ds-dsi-3ds-p-248.html )or Acekard 2i

4. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

Thanks shalome. I was noticing that its a problem.

I just may get a different card.

5. kevinlow

kevinlow Member

Thanks for replies. I will keep this card incase an update that works comes along. Does anyone know if there is one that may support and play 3ds roms?

6. Noobey

Noobey Member

hi there guys i just wanted to post that i accidently updated my 3ds console to 4.4.0-10e is there a way i can roll it back to the older version?