1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

r4i 3ds

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by spike24, Jan 29, 2014.

1. spike24

spike24 Regular member

hi I have an R4i 3ds card that worked on my 3ds,i purchased a new game and stupidly I updated my console and my card wont work.
    I have put the new wood V1.64 for R4i 3ds on the card and when I turn on my 3ds it says:An error has occurred press and hold the POWER Button to turn the ststem off.
    my 3ds version is currently ver.6.2.0-10E any advice please

2. xgamerx

xgamerx Member

Hey Spike. Which card do you have? I mean, which specific R4i 3DS card do you have, is it the one at the link below:

http://www.r43ds.org/products/R4-3DS.html If so, check the R4 3DS firmware section on that site and download the newest firmware from there, providing that you card matches the image of the one they have in their firmware section.

If not, check the domain on the card itself (on the sticker) and go to their website, to download their actual firmware. There you'll see whether or not they have an updated firmware that supports the 6.2.0-10e version 3DS. If it is a recently released card, then it should, as the R4i 3DS cards can even support up to the 7.1.0 system versions of the 3DS.

It may also be a matter of you needing to use a DS or DSi (or a 3DS on an earlier system ver) to run a firmware updater, which will make the r4i you have compatible with the 6.2.0-10e ver. Let me know which card you have, and I'll try and help you as best I can.

3. spike24

spike24 Regular member

Hi xgamerx my card is an R4i gold 3ds
    This is there web address by the looks of it I have put the update on my card so I have a feeling that I will need to update it in a ds,which I have,I have put the card in a normal sd and it works.
    As above I have a 3dsxl with the above version no thanks

4. spike24

spike24 Regular member

ok guys any help please,i think I am going to have to do a firmware update.i have put the new update on and still get the same warning,i have a dsi and a dsi xl that currently use acekards,can someone advise on how to do an update on one of these consoles
    my current card is R4i gold 3ds
    thanks

5. Torres008

Torres008 Member

6. spike24

spike24 Regular member

I did the update patch on a dsi xl and it said update success,when I put the card in y 3ds xl it still says error,i am still a little confsed as what to do thanks
    im a little unsure if you are telling me to put something on an acekard 2i which I have

Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
  7. spike24

spike24 Regular member

right guys I have done everything but still get the same error message as in my first post,i think that my card maybe perminatly blocked.
    my firmware is ver 7.1.0-15e any advice?

8. Vincenzoo

Vincenzoo Newbie

You can upgrade your card on ds lite console, if it still doesn't work, your card is most likely blocked, and you have to buy a new one. I'd recommend buying an r4i gold 3ds rts card this time, the team behind r4i gold card is constantly working on and updating them. http://www.r4flashcart.com/8-wood-r4i-gold-3ds-flashcart-for-3ds-xl-3ds-dsi-and-ds-lite.html I bought mine months ago, and that's where i bought it from.

9. spike24

spike24 Regular member

Yes I have tried it on a ds lite also,my card is an r4i gold rts 3ds

10. xgamerx

xgamerx Member

It sounds like you will have to use a DS to update it, yes. Or a DSI would probably do it as well, providing that the card itself supported the 1.45 version of the DSI system menu. They have the instructions on the website, and in just checking now, it looks like they have some software that you can use to update the r4i gold 3ds, so you don't need to even use a DS or DSi system.

go to this page here: http://www.r4ids.cn/r4ids-e.htm#updater and scroll down until your see the heading in yellow that says:
    R4I Gold 3DS Updater if the link doesn't take you there automatically.

But bear in mind, you may have a situation where the card you have, can't be used on the newer 3DS systems. They has some issue with those cards, where they had to make a new version as the cards they had could not be updated to work on anything beyond the 6.0 I believe it was. So you may have an outdated card, and even if you use the updater, it still won't be able to work in your system and you'll have the same error message.

That's why I went with the r4 3ds dual core I mentioned before. It was the only card that didn't need to be replaced, other than just firmware updating, and has been working just fine for me through all the system updates (fingers crossed, knock on wood, and all that stuff :) )

The Dual Core and I believe the R4 3DS RTS card was the other one that didn't have issues. http://www.r43ds.org/products/R4-3DS-RTS.html <--- That's the RTS version that also works.

I hope you can update yours, and you don't have to get another one, but if you do, I'd suggest one of the two cards I mentioned. I'm going to try and search and see if there was an easy way to tell which version of the r4i gold 3ds card a person has, based on the pc board inside, if I find it, I will post it here for you.

Hope that helps.

11. wally6932

wally6932 Newbie

hi guys sorry to butt in, can you recommend a UK supplier of the same item to me please

12. spike24

spike24 Regular member

Mmm I think buying a new card is the only option as I did the update in a ds lite aswell and no luck.
    Wally6932 I used R4i.cn when I brought mine about 12mths ago

13. wally6932

wally6932 Newbie

hi spike 23 thanks very much for your reply. have looked to them they too are in china.
    will try them though cheers,