1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R4i error

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by alirwatts, Aug 25, 2011.

1. alirwatts

alirwatts Member

After updating something in internet i found that the R4i we have doesnt work, i had installed v1.4.2 on a R4i SDHC and after doing something in internet the nintendo Dsi is now in 1.4.3E. Any idea on what i can do? The actual R4i is originally version 1.4.1 - thanks in advance

2. alirwatts

alirwatts Member

I downloaded the latest kernel it seemed and still didnt work, how do i preflash to v1.4.3? thanks

3. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

i think you need the 1.4.2 kernel and update it in a dsi. your image should change to miami nights 3d

4. alirwatts

alirwatts Member

yeah i even downloaded the 1.4.3 and it didnt work even. i´ll try reformatting the micro sd card and installing 1.4.2 and see what happens. On my R4i it comes up as ALEX RIDER and when i press on it i get a black screen with an error message.

5. Dylanbug

Dylanbug Member

You need to update your R4i sdhc to DSi V1.43.

Method

1. Download the latest R4i sdhc formware V1.43b. http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/R4i V1.43b English.zip
    2. Put the files in your SD card, put your SD card into your R4i sdhc

3. You need to take another DSL or DSi(Version<1.43), means you need to get a lower version DSi or a DS console. Insert the R4i sdhc into the DSL or lower version DSi,run the update and finish it. After you update your flashcard to V1.43, it can run on your DSI V.1.43 them.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2011
  6. alirwatts

alirwatts Member

sounds good BUT i havent got another DSi or DSl , only an old DS. If i buy a DSTTi Gold Support V1.4.3 Edition 3DS/DS/DSL/DSi/DSi LL do you think it would work in the updated v1.4.3? should do right? theyre only $4.

7. Dylanbug

Dylanbug Member

No, man, dont buy the DSTTi, it can only support DSi V1.42 at most, can not work on your V1.43. If you want to buy another card, DSTwo ak2i r4i gold and another r4i sdhc is your best choose. But now that you dont have another DS or DSi, you can only choose r4i gold or r4i sdhc now, only these two cards can work on DSi V1.43 directly, other cards, you still need to update them before you can use them. i bought my r4i gold 3ds from www.digitopz.com/r4i-gold-3ds-flashcard-for-nintendo-3ds-p-216.html working great on my DSi V1.43

8. alirwatts

alirwatts Member

i bought once a R4i DSi XL and it never worked in the ndsi so i dont see how a 3DS one will work in a nintendo Dsi - check this link please - is this the R4i 3DS that will work? (www.) eachgame.com/goods-5805.html ?

9. Dylanbug

Dylanbug Member

Nearlly all of the 3DS cards can work on your DSi,i think you bought a bad clone r4 card, if you want to buy a R4 card, just buy the R4i gold(aka R4i gold 3ds), it can work on your DSi V1.43 . actually the best choose is the ak2i, but you dont have another DS or DSi to update it when you get it.

10. alirwatts

alirwatts Member

ok see what happens thanks for your help

11. Dylanbug

Dylanbug Member

Good luck and you are welcome.

12. alirwatts

alirwatts Member

yeah ive sent an email to eachgame asking them. Theyre based in China and theyre cartridges are cheap and work great except for the problem i had with the Xl one, thanks again