1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

r4i gold 3ds card update method for 3ds V6.2.0-12

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by loren1, Aug 6, 2013.

1. loren1

loren1 Newbie

today the r4i gold 3ds card has released the update patch for 3ds V6.2.0-12u, it is the first flashcart released the patch and can work on the new 3ds firmware, currently only r4i gold 3ds card can work on the latest 3ds firmware. this post will tell you how to update your r4i gold 3ds card for 3ds V6.2.0-12.

here is the best r4 3ds card: http://www.r4flashcart.com/8-wood-r4i-gold-3ds-flashcart-for-3ds-xl-3ds-dsi-and-ds-lite.html

step 1 download the latest r4i gold 3ds firmware from here wood v1.61

extract the wood firmware and put all the contents on your sd card.

Step 2 download the update patch files from here update patch

extract it and you will see two different files, one is for updating with ds lite, the other is updating with ds lite or 3ds.

Step 3 if you update it with a ds lite, you can just put the update patch on the sd card. then put your r4i gold card with sd card on your ds lite, power on the run the update file. then you need to take out the r4i gold 3ds card and reinsert it into ds lite. go on the update process.

Step 4 if you update it with a non updated dsi or 3ds, just put the correct update file on the sd card and put the r4i gold card on your dsi or 3ds, run the update patch, finish the update, you don't need to take out the r4i gold card.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
  2. Tatianao

Tatianao Newbie

Thank you, Now i can update my card.

3. ruscully

ruscully Member

Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
  4. larkinaddie

larkinaddie Member

i have tested my r4i gold 3ds by using the updated patch and yeah,it works perfectly on my upgraded 3DS.