1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R4i Gold 3DS RTS Flashcart Review

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by ndssell, Sep 10, 2013.

1. ndssell

ndssell Member

R4i Gold 3DS RTS (r4ids.cn) Flashcart Review

[​IMG]

Manufactured by: R4ids.cn

Also Known as: r4i gold 3ds, r4i gold, r4i gold rts, wood r4i gold

Review by flashcartreview site
    My Items for this review

3DS V6.2.0-12
    R4i Gold 3ds RTS card
    Micro SD Card 8G

[​IMG]
    R4i Gold 3DS RTS Introduction

R4i gold 3ds rts flashcart is a great slot-1 flash cart released by r4ids.cn team, this card has very good game compatibility, it supports SDHC and it doesn’t need any extra tools to boot the games. R4i gold 3ds rts flashcart is working great on the 3DS XL, 3DS, DSi XL, DSi, DS Lite and DS console. With the latest r4i gold 3ds wood firmware, it is working great on the latest version of 3ds xl/3ds V6.2.0-12 and DSi XL/DS V1.45. It is used for playing DS games and homebrew on your 3ds xl, 3ds, dsi, dsi x, ds lite and ds console. The price of the r4i gold 3ds card is from 15usd-20usd on the market, it is a solid product for the low price. IMO, r4i gold 3ds is the best r4 3ds card.

[​IMG]
    R4i Gold 3DS RTS Package Contents

The r4i gold 3ds rts card comes in a transparent plastic box, the package contains a r4i gold 3ds rts card and a USB card reader. the r4i gold 3ds card standard package doesn’t include a micro sd card, so you need to get a micro sd card by yourself in order to use it.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    R4i Gold 3DS RTS Hardware and Design

The r4i gold 3ds rts card is a normal flashcart with simple hardware and design, it has the same shape as the standard DS game retail carts, here are some pics for you to take a look.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    R4i Gold 3DS RTS Wood kernel

R4i gold 3ds rts card uses the wood kernel and the currently the latest wood version is V1.62. Wood firmware is an alternative firmware for flash carts, you can see a lot of flashcarts use the wood firmware, but you need to know not all of them are supported by the wood official team. This r4i gold 3ds card from r4ids.cn is supported by the wood official team, check the quote below

[​IMG]

Important Distinction from wood team

Now, there are so many fake Wood R4 versions which have nothing to do with me. Only Wood R4 for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com), and AK RPG are supported by me. I can only fix bugs for these specific releases. Do not post bug reports or ask for updates for clone cards running a fake version of Wood.

The wood kernel folder consists of a WOODR4.NDS file, and an __rpg folder. after you download the wood firmware, you can just copy them to the root of your sd card.

[​IMG]

On the bottom screen, there is a “Start” icon, just click it and you can set up everything here.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
  2. Polaris813

Polaris813 Regular member

Thanks for the review.
    I just check the r4i gold 3ds official site, and found the newest card lable has a "v6.1" mark on it:
    [​IMG]
    So the v6.1 mark card work on 3DS v6.2 too right?

Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
  3. Teddy2013Alice

Teddy2013Alice Newbie