1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

r4i gold card problem

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by dazza1095, Apr 29, 2013.

1. dazza1095

dazza1095 Member

i have the r4i gold card with the yellow case when i insert the card into the 3ds the console powers up but the screen stays black, when i power up the 3ds without the card in the back of the console and insert it when powered up the screen freezes. the card has the latest firmware and has been updated in my ds lite console. the console will ply 3ds games no problem it is only when the card is in the 3ds that this problem starts. i have two of the same cards and both are the same the console is v5.1.0-11e

Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
  2. dazza1095

dazza1095 Member

i have downloaded the latest patch from the offical site and latest firmwere,the card was working fine, then i get the black screen now before i updated the console,so i updated the 3ds and still the same problem. thanks for the reply

3. megadunderhead

megadunderhead Regular member

Interesting !!!!! and great idea except it sounds like the 3ds firmware is detecting the card and blocking the use of the card on the 3ds which wouldn't surprise me because we still dont know the extent of the latest firmware update and how nintendo will detect and block the cart.

You might want to try to launch it on a ds and see if it works if it doesn't its a bad card if it does then the 3ds is blocking that cart

4. Kingbroady

Kingbroady Member

Any update on this issue as I was just about to buy the R4i Gold card for my 3DS?

5. dazza1095

dazza1095 Member

the card works on the ds lite i have but still have the same problem on the 3ds