1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

r4i-SDHC 3DS flash card not working after update of 3DS

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by sid1, Jul 9, 2012.

1. sid1

sid1 Member

I've had my r4i 3DS card for some time and it's been working great. I've done the updates of the card first always before updating my 3DS. After the 3DS update 4.2.0-9U, however, my card stopped working. I get the "An error has occurred" mesage on my 3DS. I had copied and unzipped the new kernel from the website: www.r4i-sdhc.com into my micro SD, but there was no update option. I tried a Nintendo DS lite to repair it, but I don't get any options either.

I'm posting the pictures of what I'm seeing. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

[​IMG]
    pic1 shows the r4i-SDHC 3DS card in Nintendo DS lite with an 8GB FAT32 formatted micro SD card inserted.

[​IMG]
    pic2 shows the r4i-SDHC 3DS card in Nintendo DS lite with version 1.59b.

[​IMG]
    pic3 shows the Config > Upgrade menu of the r4i-SDHC 3DS card in Nintendo DS lite. As you can see, there is no option to upgrade.

[​IMG]
    pic4 shows the error screen in the Nintendo 3DS after updating to 4.2.0-9U, even though the card works and does not show upgrade available on Nintendo DS lite.

2. shalome

shalome Regular member

have you tried another SD card to see whether it works. Form what i saw, everything is fine about the flashcart.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2012
  3. sid1

sid1 Member

Yes. I've tried with a 1 GB micro SD card, but the results are exactly the same. No "Start" button in the "Upgrade" screen.