1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

r4i sdhc problem..... PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by pad20b1, Jun 12, 2011.

1. pad20b1

pad20b1 Member

Hi all new to the site(thanx for letting into your community), but not new to the r4 scene, i am in desperate help here, i have been on this for about 4 hours now downloading different kernals and checking the compatibility of my r4i sdhc card, checking my ds fireware, i have even reset my ds to factory settings and still have no result, i have definately downloaded the correct kernel, i am using an r4i sdhc upgrade v1.4.1 with a 8gb sd micro which is (as most of you know) compatible with ndsi/xl/sl, i am trying to put any kernel that is compatible with my r4i card (anything from 1.35 - 1.40) i have followed the following steps so many times many times but still no end product

1. Most importantly the upgrade procedure for your R4i card needs to be run on a DSi console that is running v1.4.1 firmware (NOT 1.4.2) or a DS lite console. If you have already upgraded your DSi to the latest firmware v1.4.2 you will need to get hold of a DS lite or a DSi running the earlier version 1.4.1

2. Fully charge your console before starting or connect it to your mains charger. Your card may be damaged if you run out of power during the upgrade process

3. Its best to start with a clean micro SD card so we recommend formatting your card – it is worth using the SD association formatter tool for this. Of course make sure to back up your personal files from the micro sd card before its formatted.

4. You will need to download the latest kernel from the manufactures website. The only R4 cards that we recommend are manufactured by r4i-sdhc.com, so this guide is for these cards. The reason why we recommend this manufacturer is based on extensive feedback from users and our own testing of all the different R4 manufactures. These guys are one of the originals and they consistently came out on top for quality of construction, higher quality internal components, more frequent kernel updates and good customer support. Simply jump onto their website and download the latest available kernel zip file. Extract the contents of the zip file onto the root of your micro sd card, so you should see the following files only: R4iMenu, moonshl2, moonmemo, r4.DAT

5. You will also notice on the manufacturers download page a section that states “Upgrade Firmware Area”. Download the R4i SDHC v1.4.1 upgrade zip file. Once downloaded unzip the file and copy the contents which will be one file called “fwup142c.nds” to the root of your micro SD card.

6. Now remove your micro sd card from your card reader and insert it into your R4i card and then into your DS console.

7. Fire up your DS console and navigate your way to the upgrade file “fwup142c.nds” on your R4 card, select it and Press A. The upgrade flashing procedure should now begin and you will see the status of the process as it will display the percentage completed on the screen. When it completes at 100% you are done and have successfully upgraded your console, congratulations.

8. You will now be able to use your upgraded R4i v1.4.1 labelled card with the latest Nintendo firmware v1.4.2

I have followed all these steps and STILL cannot get past the white screen and blue menu with a question mark on in the shape of a sd card. Like i say i have tried this a MILLION times, ive formatted my card, tried all kernals available.

CAN ANYONE HELP PLEASE!!!!

Last edited: Jun 12, 2011
  2. pad20b1

pad20b1 Member

ok thank you for your reply, i might as well buy a new one, but i also have a problem with my r4ds with 1.18 kernel on it, all the correct files and folders are on the sd card, i can play music and browse the card but when i go to upload a rom to play the game loading bar freezes, now the roms i am using are clean as they work on my brothers card, what could be the problem there??

3. PS3fun

PS3fun Member

Wait , which R4i sdhc do you have, pad20b1 . what is the official site of your card, r4i-sdhc,com(R4i sdhc card ) or r4ids.cn(R4i gold card ) , you need to figure out this before you do anything....then download the latest firmware...

Last edited: Jun 29, 2011
  4. pad20b1

pad20b1 Member

thanx bennysan downloaded the r4 wood for my r4ds card and works perfectly :), also thank you ps3fun for the advice, it is an official card i think they have just sent me a broke one :(, the official site is www.r41-sdhc.com.tw, downloaded the kernal from there and still no joy. Nevertheless at least my r4ds is working now :)

5. shivermac

shivermac Member

Hi
    Ive got this problem with an R4i Gold card with v1.4.1. I follow these steps and get black screen message:
    An error has occured.press and hold the power button to turn the system off etc

regards