1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

race driver 3

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by mickm0275, Feb 27, 2006.

1. mickm0275

mickm0275 Member

Has anybody out there been able to play toce race driver 3 on the hard drive? I can't cause it freezes on the evox load screen. If anybody knows why and how i fix that would great.

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Either FTP to your Xbox or use your Xbox HDD Explorer and find all your CACHE folders and delete the CACHE files in them. (dont delete the CACHE folders just the files in them) Also check and see if there is a gamesave for the game and delete that it could be corupt. then try to play the game.

3. mickm0275

mickm0275 Member

Would i have cache files if the game hasn't even loaded

4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Did you even try to do what I said? Why not just do what I sugested and see if it works.

As for what you asked it dosent mater if you have played the game or not if the Cache files are corrupt they are corrupt.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2006
  5. mickm0275

mickm0275 Member

Because it says Newbie on my little tag doesn't give you the right to be a smart arse, i am only clarifying the answer you gave the first time so that i don't have to type the same question again.
    If clarification is not acceptable to you maybe yoiu shouldn't answer questions.

6. larrylje

larrylje Active member

If you have an attitude like that no one will help you when you have a problem. What part of the above statment was I a smart a$$ about?

I wouldnt have waisted my time telling you to do what i said to do if it possibly wouldnt have fixed the problem.

You asked for help I answred you. You then question me on the advice I gave you on how to possibly fix the problem?

Did you do what i said to do?

If so did it work?

That simple.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2006
  7. mickm0275

mickm0275 Member

ok, cleared the cache and toca 3 still doesn't work. but the new black does. must have some new protection

8. larrylje

larrylje Active member

How did you MOD your Xbox? Softmod or Hardmod? If you used a softmod did you use the NKParcher for it?

9. larrylje

larrylje Active member

How did you MOD your Xbox? Softmod or Hardmod? If you used a softmod did you use the NKParcher for it?

10. mickm0275

mickm0275 Member

my xbox is chipped, i'd already heard about nkparcher from somebody else.
    i'm not really up with the softmods at all, is that where isoripper would work? At this stage i am really stuck

11. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I have mine softmoded with NKPatcher which will let me play ISO images off my HDD. So on the games that are having trouble with playing off the HDD in folder format I set it up to let me play the game off an ISO(virtuel drive) making the Xbox think its actully playing off the Xbox drive. This has worked for every game so far that hasent been able to play off an HDD or on games that have long file names that cant be coppied to the HDD.

I havent downloaded race driver 3 so I dont know if this is a copy protection thing or not or if there is a patch out to let you play it off the Xbox HDD.

12. mickm0275

mickm0275 Member

then maybe i should try to download it, where do you suggest to download from?

13. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I have looked at most of the torrent sites I know of and all the race driver 3 Xbox downloads say that they cant be played off the HDD.

If your intrested in the Krayzies Softmod installer (Usses NKPatcher) you can take a look at how to install it at the link below. (with this softmod you can set up the Xbox to play the game off the HDD with the ISO image)

http://www.freewebs.com/betatester/profile2.htm

If you install it let me know by either PMing me or replying here and I will tell you how to set up the game to play off your HDD with the ISO.

14. mickm0275

mickm0275 Member

and it's ok to put softmod on a chipped xbox

15. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Dont know never used a chiped Xbox before. I just know that the softmod I have I can play the ISO off the HDD. You might want to search and see if the Chip you have can play ISO's. Last time I heard chips couldnt do it.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2006
  16. Jigen

Jigen Regular member

For chipped boxes you'll just have to be satisfied with making a new DVD-R backup. Use iso ripper to make the two ISOs on the xbox, delete the smaller one, transfer the large one over to PC and then burn the sucker to disc. That will work.

17. mickm0275

mickm0275 Member

Jigen, what is iosripper, i've never heard of it and where do you get it?

18. larrylje

larrylje Active member

You should beable to get ISORipper off of Xbins. They pretty much have any file you need off thier FTP site. Below is a guide on how to get onto Xbins and get programs from thier FTP site.

http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/xbins.php

I would suggest going to the link and check it out. Lots of good stuff on thier FTP.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2006
  19. Jigen

Jigen Regular member

20. MEN4CE

MEN4CE Member

Hi. I'm fairly new to backing-up my xbox games and have tried to put race driver 3 onto my xbox HD. I notice that the disk is 6.4GB but it only copied across 3GB. Also there were 5 files copied across that had an absolute mass of numbers for file names, not only were the numbers different on the HD compared to the original disk, the file size was different aswell.

I have tried using dvd2xbox, complextools and even coping the files manually through My Files in XBMC