1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

race driver 3

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by mickm0275, Feb 27, 2006.

1. Jigen

Jigen Regular member

Codemasters tried something new for this game. Long file names and data tracks that DVD2XBOX just won't copy. Never used C-tools, but it won't work either. The only method so far is to use the iso ripper method I outlined above. It works, and you can thank rocky5 for the hookup.

2. FlawKing

FlawKing Member

My mate made an iso of the game using Qwix (our xbox is chipped with an executer2) and the game loads fine but when we try to play the world tour mode it just freezes, but all the other modes work reasonably well, could this be the programs fault or are others having the same difficulties? does isoripper not have this problem?

3. Jigen

Jigen Regular member

There is a 4% save game floating around that let's you avoid the world tour mode that hangs the game. Unfortunately somewhere down the line your save will be corrupted and you'll be unable to continue.
    Iso ripper doesn't have these issues, all the group releases I've seen (that work) used this method to create a copy.

4. FlawKing

FlawKing Member

Ok now to be a pain in the arse, i am having extreme trouble trying to run NKpatcher 8.1 on my xbox and the instructions that come with it are not very helpful in explaining how to do it. Also i tried running isoripper without installing nkpatcher but it seemed to be taking forever, so after about 80 mins i stopped the process and when i checked in boxplorer it had only made an iso that was 200 meg in size well short of the 3 gig that it should be, so i was wondering if this process was taking soooo long because i have not installed nkpatcher, becuase it says in the isoripper instructions that the process should take around 40 mins?????? thanx for the help.

5. Jigen

Jigen Regular member

The game disc is like 6gb. You just can't read it with boxplorer or DVD2XBOX. Patcher doesn't need to be installed to use isoripper, and it does take much longer than you're used to with other games. Can't be helped.

6. FlawKing

FlawKing Member

well its been 16 hours now and my xbox is still on a black screen, i can hear the disc spinning up so its doing something, but should it really be taking this long????? Its bloody painful!

7. s_b78

s_b78 Member

Hi, Newbie here. Just wondering if anybody has had any luck backing up Race Driver 3 yet? I have a copy and wanting a back-up, and finding it to be quite difficult. Thanks in advance

8. lhys09915

lhys09915 Member

i have made a backup from original and works fine from dvd including world tour.

9. s_b78

s_b78 Member

How did you manage to do that? I have tried all types of programs to do so, with no luck.

Thanks in advance

10. larrylje

larrylje Active member

@lhys09915

alot of help that was. Im sure alot of people are backing up this game now knowing you did it.

Why not help out and tell them how you did it. That would be more helpfull rather then telling them you did it.

11. lhys09915

lhys09915 Member

i use a xbe file.
    email me and i will send it.instructions are included.

12. ChipFlip

ChipFlip Member

Well i finnaly got toca 3 to work from dvd-r. I ftped the files right from my xbox dvd-rom to my computer then used qwix to make an x-iso and nero to burn it. the only thing you have to do to play it is have 12% savegame to run would tour i tried starting a new profile and it froze after the flag screen! I dunno if this helps anyone but i thought i'd mention it anyways!

13. Jigen

Jigen Regular member

I'm not 100% sure, but I think doing it this way will result in your save becoming corrupt at some future time. There are tracks on that disc that just can't be copied by DVD2XBOX or via FTPing straight from the disc.

14. aaddaam

aaddaam Member

i can not get it to work at all i have tried ftping it from xbox to pc and back again and it freezes right after i load it. I have also tried making a backup of the disc it just freeves at the main menu of world tour.

15. kinder420

kinder420 Guest

Whenever I try to run iso ripper on my xbox it locks at the transition screen. From all I have read it says the screen should go black.

I guess my question is:
    Does Iso Ripper rely on any other files or xbes to run? Do I need to update Evox?

I dropped the directory into f:\apps and evox found it straight away.
    I am not running nkpatcher. Do I need to?

16. chrisfunk

chrisfunk Regular member

hi everybody, don't mind if i join in?

What's all this stuff about a savegame file and world tour mode?

I backed up the original by FTP to the PC using flashfxp, then as some of y9ou have done, created the ISO using quix, and burned to DVD+R (and another copy to DVD-R) using Nero 6.

This plays perfectly on my xbox eother from the evox menu or from starting up the machine with the disc in, and I can play the game in all modes with no problems. I have about 12% saved now but I have played that myself and started with nothing.

I haven't bothered backing up to the xbox HDD as these days they don't seem to load up more and more often. Some games I have had on there for ages also randomly stop working so I find a DVD-R backup is more reliable.

Is it perhaps something to do with whatever xbox you are using?
    I wonder this because peoples opinions on what problems this game has seem to contradict and I have had one problem with it myself.

My xbox has an executor2 chip, big hdd bla bla bla,,,but my brothers is softmodded, standard hdd and it will not run TOCA3 from the copied disc at all. teh machine will usually read both + and - discs and plays all my other back ups fine, but I have burned 5 copies now, and they all either get stuck on loading on his machine, or in some cases it doesn't even know the dosc is there! these are teh same discs that run fine on my xbox.

spooky! any ideas anybody?

17. Eloheim

Eloheim Member

Hi, I've tried all these instructions without much luck.
    Still cant make a backup copy of the game.

I've even tried emailing lhys09915 but with no reply on how it's done :(

Methods so far
    1. Iso Ripper of which was going for like 6 hrs or more twice and it seems to only get up to 700mb then stop.
    2. Tried xiso
    3. Tried Quix
    4. Tried dvd backup
    nothing seems to want to give me the full iso version without errors so far.
    I can see that it wants to rename 5 files but thats no good.

I have the same trouble with Battlefield 2 modern Combat. It only plays a bit before it crashes and wont go any further, again, there is 5 files renamed.

Xbox is modded with Evo

Help Help Help

18. chrisfunk

chrisfunk Regular member

Eloheim, you say you have tried using quix, iso ripper etc, so that is what you are using create the ISO from the files.

so,,,,,what are you starting off with? The files you are trying to make the ISO from, where did they come from, did you ripp them from the original disc yourself? I'm just asking because the only way you can be sure your files are not corrupt and are all complete is if you did it yourself. If you have downloaded a bad ripp then you might be wasting your time trying to create the ISO.

ps, how do you know you are failing? As in, when you are creating the ISO, does the progress bar get stuck and the program locks?
    Orrrrrrrrrrr,,,does it all seem to have worked until you try playing the game?

19. chrisfunk

chrisfunk Regular member

ps,,,somebody correct me if I'm wrong (COZ I'M REALLY JUST A NEWBIE WHO HAS POSTED ENOUGH TO ME A 'MEMBER' BUT STILL A NOOB REALLY!)

I thought that the reason to rename files in xbox games was to run games with long file names off the hdd.
    If ripping / burning an ISO is making an exact image copy of the original disc, then why would any files need to be renamed for it to work?

Or is this something else?

20. chrisfunk

chrisfunk Regular member

just spotted somthing else,,,

"Iso Ripper of which was going for like 6 hrs or more twice and it seems to only get up to 700mb then stop"

That 700mb looks like it could be video content of a game?

Are you trying to copy the game on your pc from the original disc,
    without copying the game from your xbox onto your pc via ftp?

I tried that once before somebody at afterdawn educated me, and I ended up with a fwe discs full of cut scenes, but no game!