1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

racing cursor, win7

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by noideame, Apr 28, 2011.

1. noideame

noideame Regular member

i installed win 7 yesterday and everything was fine until today, i did a clean install as i had win xp prior. installed a few programmes then installed one and it opened IE, and the cursor shot off to top left of screen, and only place it would go was centre of screen on a opened programme (blackbelt poker). so in the end i had to restart pc, so i opened blackbelt poker again(removed IE from taskbar first) and same thing happened zoooomm cursor away again.
    so i unistalled blackbeltpoker and reinstalled and same thing happened.
    so before i go see them to see if they have compatability issues with win 7 i thought i would ask you guys for any thoughts.
    my pc is dc 2g with 500 HD also just a thought but the win7 install keeps all old windows files would it be better to remove them?

2. Jeffrey_P

Jeffrey_P Regular member

Try XP SP3 compatibility mode.
    Executable right mouse click.
    Jeff

3. noideame

noideame Regular member

hi again it didnt work in xp copatibility mode, but your suggestion made me look at other display options, and i found i had the enlarge text options set to high, so reduced it and it worked. so thank you.