1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Radeon hd 3850 256....

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Magdylite, Nov 15, 2007.

1. REAM

REAM Guest

didnt ati say there will be not pro or xt or xtx now? just HDXX70 or HDxx50

2. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Well, apparently so, yet half the stores I see market the card still use those suffixes.

3. Magdylite

Magdylite Member

mm ive never seen the 3850 called pro. 2900 pro is now listen for 169.99... Im an ati fan boy so im gonna get the 3850 over.

4. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

These must be hard times for ATi fanboys, firmly in second place in the performance race. My last four graphics cards have all been ATI, but mainly due to 'most suitable at the time' purposes rather than for fanboy reasons. Up until the release of the 3870, if I were buying a graphics card it would have been nvidia. That goes for the past year or so. As of the 3870's release, whilst it doesn't offer showstopping performance, it offers the highest rendering quality of any graphics card yet produced. That's a very attractive proposition. As for the 3850, well you get what you pay for I suppose, it's faster than the 8600GTS, but comes behind any of today's top end cards.

5. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Yeah it just doesn't seem to be worth it getting a card that doesn;t support DX10.1. I believe we are almost at a watershed moment, where all the new technological breakthroughs are about to happen is around the same time.

6. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

It certainly looks that way. I'm holding off any upgrades until all the new techologies come through. Since my mobo supports 45nm Quad cores, who knows, I may end up buying one of those.