1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

radio frequencies

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Bassy_500, Dec 10, 2005.

1. Bassy_500

Bassy_500 Member

i was wondering i live in australia and i like to be able to listen to the nba when im at home during the day and i can do this by listening to it over the interent with a media player which is how i currently do this cuz there is no live t.v broadcast for free ne one is airing. but my question was is it possible to listen to this american radio station ne other way besides using the interent like is there ne ways to make my radios or ne thing pick up the signal or do they run on totally dif frequencies

2. andersg

andersg Regular member

Satelite Radio might have more choices

3. djscoop

djscoop Active member

as far as standard FM or AM broadcasts, there's no way you can pick up a American station all the way in Australia, because the transmitters simply don't transfer that far. Radio Frequencies travel by line-of-sight, so you won't be able to pick up ones that far away. Your best bet is over the internet like you are doing currently or maybe satelite radio as mentioned above, if a satelite radio provider in australia carries american sports coverage.

4. weazel200

weazel200 Regular member

yep, internet looks like the only option. there is such a product called a world radio which says it can pick up hundreds of radio stations around the world but it costs like £80 ($160 US dollars).

5. andersg

andersg Regular member

Yeah But 160 is alot more canadian where I am and that choice just wouldnt seems worth it to me.