1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Radio on xbox/internet browser that can play video etc.

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Wylee, May 27, 2007.

1. Wylee

Wylee Guest

Hey, im currently using linksboks but it dosent support video's on the net like youtube, or if i go to a radio station site to play my fav radio station as i go to bed it wudnt be able to open. does any one know if in anyway this is possible? to clarify what i mean, how can i listen to my favourite radio station on my xbox? or how can i wach videos thru the internet broweser, like, is there a certain kind of browser that supports playing videos. and if theres not, could someone direct me in which way i can go to learn how to do this cuz i gots lots of time thx.

2. steimy

steimy Active member

Not eally tried it. But if any program will be able to do it then XBMC would be the only one i would think could. I know it can play movies and music stored on your PC. It can also play shoutcast internet radio stations. Not really sure about thinkgs like streaming YouTube to it though. Also look into TVersity or ORB. They may work with an Xbox. I know they work with the 360 and can do internet TV and stuff. I just really have no use for them so i have not studied them much. And all mentioned programs are free.

3. Wylee

Wylee Guest

aight kool thx...i got xbmc but i dunno what shoutcast is (yea imma noob) and for some reason i cannot connect to n e thing internet wise thru xbmc, or evne thru the unleash dash i cannot connect to get xbox skins, but thanks for ur help ill look into thsoe programs when i got some time. thx

4. steimy

steimy Active member

in order to connect to the internet you need a few things. Like a CAT5 crossover cable to connect the xbox to your PC/router. You also need to set up the network settings on your xbox correctly. Fort XBMC to share things with your PC you need to set up a home network with the network setup wizard in windows. You also need to share any drive or folder you want it to have access to. The share option is in the folder or hard drive options (depending on which you choose to share)

5. Wylee

Wylee Guest

aight..i have internet connection, thats how i can use linksboks but connect to internet using xbmc is different, i get the same things, like i cannot connect to some kind of server forgot what its called. ill set up the network thru windows, thx.

6. steimy

steimy Active member

It connects to the home network to stream media from the PC. There are network settings in XBMC that you should set up for accessing the internet.

and so you know, shoutcast are internet radio stations. they have tons of them in every music catagory you could want.
    you can try it out on your PC and see what you think. Just go and download the free version of Winamp, it has shoutcast on it as well.

7. Wylee

Wylee Guest

o0 aight man thx, so ur sayin i can stream media frum my pc to xbmc? i duno im kine slow lol

8. Wylee

Wylee Guest

sry 2 duble post but is "Shout cast" only in the usa? cuz i live in canada