1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RAGE PC ending disappointment **Spoilers**

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by retroborg, Jan 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. retroborg

retroborg Regular member

So, I completed RAGE today. I fought my way through Capital Prime, pressed the final switch of the Data Transmission Terminal on the Nexus Core, activated the satellite in orbit and all the arks around the globe immerged from the earth.
    But no wait! Where is the final Boss fight and my fatty reward and who was general Cross?!
    Also I was expecting a much larger last level and a more fierce resistance from the Authority troops considering this was their capital.
    This was very underwhelming, quite a disappointment and a very short game considering how long this game had been in development, but its pretty obvious they left it open for a RAGE 2.
    At least the world lay-out was semi non-linear and levels resistible, but still multiple paths in each levels would have been highly appreciated like in Hexen, Heretic, Quake 1 & 2, Doom, etc...
    Also the Wolfenstein 3D, Doom & Quake & Developers Graffiti Easter Eggs were cool touches and that huge Mutant Boss in the Dead City was so cool! It reminded me of the 1st Zombie Boss in House of the Dead 4 arcade game.
    Also the authority prison stage was cool & reminded me of the Half Life 2 for some reason..
    http://uk.ign.com/wikis/rage/Easter_Eggs?_cmpid=ign40

Wow well... let’s hope Doom 4 will be better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.