1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

!~Raising my Convectional Memory~!

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by bigben11, May 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigben11

bigben11 Member

Hey guys I have an OLD windows 98 pc and im trying to upgrade to Windows ME cuz I onlyhave 48 mb memory. Well, when I try to install and I put the disk in it says cannot install because your convectional memory is low. I think that it means there is to much stuff where my drivers are in my system folder. So, it says to go to a site to look at how to do it but the site is like expired. How can I raise my convectional momory? Thanks guys for the help!

2. bigben11

bigben11 Member

accually i made a buncha typos its called conventional memory

3. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

The computer is a boat anchor, at best. Although it has more memory than my head, if you want to upgrade it to ME, you will have to put in more memory. If you pay more than $10 for the memory, you already spent too much on refurbishing the machine. lol

4. webhedreg

webhedreg Guest

I would agree that your PC is probably at the end of its useful life, and would also suggest getting another PC. But if your determined to hold on to it and try to upgrade, then firstly find out what MB you have and do a search to see the max amount of memory that can be installed. Maybe try somewhere like ebay for second hand memory as you may otherwise find it hard to get what your after. If you have full version of ME then you could do a clean install and avoid the memory problem you are getting, you'll just need to make a boot floppy disk before loading from the CD.

5. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

sigh..

problem has spread to other thread(s)

closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.