1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RAM

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by juaneryle, May 18, 2005.

  1. juaneryle

    juaneryle Regular member

    Joined:
    Nov 17, 2004
    Messages:
    167
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    26
    My new computers holds up to 4 gigs of DDR2 of RAM. It currently has 512k. How much memory do you think I need. I do a lot of DVD recording and I got a lot of programs and I run like two or more applications at once.
     
  2. ddp

    ddp Moderator Staff Member

    Joined:
    Oct 15, 2004
    Messages:
    39,211
    Likes Received:
    147
    Trophy Points:
    143
    what windows are you using?? if xp than put 2 more 512meg ddr if board holds 4ddrs this way will have 1.5gig of ram. also check your msconfig to see what is there & what you don't need running in the back ground.
     
  3. juaneryle

    juaneryle Regular member

    Joined:
    Nov 17, 2004
    Messages:
    167
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    26
    I have XP Home. It's a lot of stuff running in the background, but I don't know what some of the are.
     
  4. ddp

    ddp Moderator Staff Member

    Joined:
    Oct 15, 2004
    Messages:
    39,211
    Likes Received:
    147
    Trophy Points:
    143
  5. juaneryle

    juaneryle Regular member

    Joined:
    Nov 17, 2004
    Messages:
    167
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    26
  6. ddp

    ddp Moderator Staff Member

    Joined:
    Oct 15, 2004
    Messages:
    39,211
    Likes Received:
    147
    Trophy Points:
    143
    no problem, teach & learn
     

Share This Page