1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rank posts

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by DVDBack23, Feb 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dg089

dg089 Guest

I agree with you Jim, only if we do get the new system, you will earn your title, and the safety valve won't count.

cheers,
    DG

2. pulsar

pulsar Active member

I think everyone should just be called a member. Some would be bigger members than others.......

LMAO!!

3. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

When you go to college you get credits for different classes you take… not for your lunch breaks!

The Safety Value is one Giant Lunch Room with everyone sitting around chewing the fat. Nothing wrong with that since that is one of it’s many purposes, but when it comes to aD Credits, I think it’s gone too far. Just look at what the aD college has been turning out lately… LOL

The safety valve post count issue has been going on even before I became a member in December of 2004. I had a couple of Senior members give me heck for posting 11 posts in the old signature thread when I used to make up animated gifs for other members. Wow, 11 posts back then gave me a bad rep even though I already had well over 100 posts at that time and went directly from Newbie status to Senior Member status, (over 500 posts in a very short time,) not with posts in the Safety Value but in threads helping others, especially on hardware issues.

What really counts is how admins and/or DRD feels about this. What’s the big deal with pulling the Safety Value Posts from ALL of us and let the numbers fall where they may. At least a member could feel comfortable posting in there if it didn’t add to his/her post count status. Let it be just a “Break Room” from the hustle and bustle of the regular forums!

4. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

I like that one, pulsar. Then those who post for status will not bother, saving the rest of us correcting their usless posts attempting to do so.

5. pulsar

pulsar Active member

I can think of one of huge throbbing member at the mo'!

LMAO!!!

6. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

@ Pulsar

Are you finally trying to make your first BIG point?!?!?!?

I forgot to place my usual <G> along with the above! :)

Last edited: Feb 24, 2006
  7. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Edit

8. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

You sick perv...in a room full of guys too!!!

LMFAO

9. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Member in the UK is a derogatory euphemism, throbbing member would be even more derogatory.

[bold]All I can say is that you guys have minds like sewers, purely prurient![/bold]

10. LOCOENG

You got that right...LMFAO some more!!!

11. andmerr

andmerr Guest

you guys are a laugh a minute with talk of "members"

'will have' might be a better phrase than 'some would be'.....though

12. droogie01

droogie01 Member

@ a mod...can i ahve my status changed to not coole enough to be anything?....:p

13. dg089

dg089 Guest

You cannot have your status changed unless you have 100 posts than you will be a member. Then 500 fir senior Member. Then 2500 for Afterdawn Addict. For Mod you have to show determination.

Cheers,
    DG

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2006
  14. LOCOENG

Oh my...

15. dg089

dg089 Guest

What did that have to do with anything? LOL

16. andmerr

andmerr Guest

@ dg089: are you a mod now (cant see it under your nick) as that comment was directed to one..................

@ droogie01: thats up to dRD and the admin so you might approach them to plead your case

17. dg089

dg089 Guest

No, but if I know the awnser I am not going to keep my mouth shut. Also the promotions are automatic once you reach the certain number of posts.

Cheers,
    DG089
    Former Senior Member
    Afterdawn.com

18. andmerr

andmerr Guest

what you fail to find every time you come back here is the mods /admin etc dont want you to openly confront people but to do the right thing and report the issue and then let them handle it.Whether you know the answer or not is irrelevant.Doing the right thing maybe the hardest thing in the world but you dont seem to be able to digest this piece of infomation.Maybe you should PM dela and discuss symantics with him as those are the rules he wishes to be enforced

and if you read the initial question properly instead of jumping the gun like you normally do you would of realised he wasnt asking to go up a level but to have asomething similar to what dRD HAS UNDER HIS NICK (i hate titles)..........

but then next time you read this and get banned you'd know why
    :

19. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

dg089, watch the mouth & attitude as can get you into trouble & worse. do you want to try for #2 ban & if so than keep it up.

20. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Quote;

"Oh my!"

LMAO!! Nice one Loco.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.