1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rank posts

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by DVDBack23, Feb 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. droogie01

droogie01 Member

@dg089 loosen up buddy it was a joke to mock all the complaining :p

@ddp or any other mods...whatda u think can i be not cool enough for a status:p
    obliged

Last edited: Feb 25, 2006
  2. pulsar

pulsar Active member

I would think that for dRD to change anyones' status beyond the norm is HIGHLY inlikely. If it were to happen, I would imagine it would as you have been an oustanding member of Afterdawn & contributed enormously. Even then, I doubt it would happen as you would get other members getting hacked off.
    If it were to happen, I would think that it would be fairer with the approval of other high ranking members.

[bold]It would have to be a very special person, in my books, to be honoured in that way.[/bold]

Nobody springs to my mind. ScubaPete would be the only exception. His contributions to the forum have been above & beyond the call of duty. No-else really comes close.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2006
  3. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, as I was reading through your first paragraph, I was thinking ScubaPete.

But anyroad, the status system at the moment is fine, and I feel anyone unhappy with their status should contact the Admin directly..

4. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

@pulsar

Need I say more?

5. pulsar

pulsar Active member

@ LOCO, Nope!

6. gurnard

gurnard Regular member

hi :)
    don't come down here very much.
    from what i can see ,it does'nt matter what ranking system we use it will not satisfy all. in my own case it's taken nearly a year to become a senior, and at my present rate will reach AA in about 3yrs or so, which in turn means that i would in all probability never reach the dizzy height of mod. so i suppose that so far as i'm concerned the system we have now, is as good as any
    as far as a kharma system goes, no thanks it would be to much of an "good old boys club" if you don't fit in, you don't get in
    and yep posts in "safety valve" should'nt be counted
    i'd love O.A.P as mine, but there you go
    i agree that old man ScubaPete deserves a special title
    last thing, cause i'm rambling and getting out of breath, nope mines not huge throbbing either, just quiveringly small

7. droogie01

droogie01 Member

again pulsar...just a joke:p

8. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

ive noticed that the system isnt very good ive helped out plenty of people in the xbox sections and ive even been keeping out of the safety valve section.perhaps if i post numerous pointless posts in the safety valve with out getting banned i will be a senior member sooner maybe even an addict.i dont know about a karma system might work might not.ive seen the rep points on xtreme source and now team modders but im only on 1 rep point on each.ive noticed with the rep points most people that post alot or have general conversations with the mods seem to get more rep points whether there actually helping people or not.

9. pulsar

pulsar Active member

It is true there are some who make pointless threads & posts in order to climb up the system. In my mind that it up to them, if they are more concerned with ranking, that is their problem. People with little knowledge are found out very quickly & outed by others.
    I really don't care about those people, I really don't care for rankings, I think everyone should be just a "member". That would sort it out in a stroke. The only people that care are the people who are worthless to the forum.
    Saying that, if a karma system were implemented I would probably leave. I don't care for rankings, but I would be mighty annoyed if all my contributions were wiped off the record. I think some of the others would tend to agree.
    I may have only posted 2900 times in over 2yrs, a lot were in the safety valve, but I have also helped a lot of people. I don't feel I need to justify this as most of the old hands know who help & those who don't.
    I can be as daft as a brush, but I can be deadly serious when required!
    I pick & choose the threads I contribute to, there is one called "post the amount of threads etc etc", it is quite plain that this is a useless thread, but it keeps going & is perpetuated by people giving updates all the time. I only contribute if I can genuinely help or if someone says something that is blatantly nonsense.

10. andmerr

andmerr Guest

you were thinking about me werent you pulsar

thats pretty good as its taken me almost 4 years to double that

this whole thread is useless as only drd and the admin will do whats neccessary to keep the peace with in the forum.No matter what you do there is always going to be some one who isnt going to like the implemented changes and us rehashing the obvious isnt any better.

You have all had your say on whether the karma or points systems are going to benefit us as a community as a whole, personally who cares.Titles dont mean anything period and as some one who admins another site i'm actually glad we didnt introduce it.People are promoted not via favoritism but through knowledge and proven intelligence...........we all need to take a step back and really look at the big picture.Self importance is good and all ,but who are we really helping ,and all we are really are a heap of roosters in a hen house trying to get poll position.

Well hate to burst the bubble but i think you'll find dRD has that title already......No 1, daboss etc etc etc...........

11. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Hey andmerr, I thought he was talking about me....LOL

12. pulsar

pulsar Active member

No, I was not referring to any of us old timers! Just some seniors & members in general.
    We have all been here a while & we all know who knows their stuff!
    Andmerr, if I ever had a problem with you or any of my pals, I would go through PMs. I would never wash my laundry in public, I have way too much respect for the oldies here than to do that!

dRDs title does rock!

I still want Bonehead as my title!

Last edited: Mar 4, 2006
  13. andmerr

andmerr Guest

So now it's i'm old ,i cant win on this thread.......lol

14. pulsar

pulsar Active member

You just can't get decent members nowadays can you!!

LMAO!!

15. andmerr

andmerr Guest

I'm not pointing fingers but thats a definite yes

16. gurnard

gurnard Regular member

i still want O.A.P :)

17. ireland

ireland Active member

gurnard
    heres a fish for ye sig,
    [​IMG]

or
    [​IMG]

or
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 4, 2006
  18. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

If gear79 comes back, I hope they would make an exception for him. Sure he made us all laugh but he spent an aweful lot of time helping folks too...damn, he bent over backwards to help people. I hope they'll let him back as an addict if his circumstances improve.

19. gurnard

gurnard Regular member

@ ireland :)
    thanks for the offer's, not quite a gurnard, which lurks on the bottom.
    now if you could make mine wag it's tail. lol

20. ireland

ireland Active member

all i can give ye is a stronger pix,

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.