1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rap music

Discussion in 'Feedback to artists' started by TahoePro, Apr 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. megz

megz Member

rap really sux. i mean some of it doesnt even deserve to be played. and some of it i guess i can tolerate.

2. bobright

bobright Guest

oh yeah, rock on! youre like so punk

3. bobright

bobright Guest

or emo. ha

Dilla BTW, I'll e-mail you.

4. shuboy00

shuboy00 Member

Why is everyone hating on rap? Rap music is a mode of expressing oneself for a lot of artists who have things to say. Rap music is more than just bi*ches and h*oes and shiny jewelery. Listen to the lyrics and be open-minded.

5. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

Bob right do yo thang homey and holla at me when you ready!. Hip Hop is taking over america. fusk the rest.

6. bobright

bobright Guest

Yeah, totally -- all those damn black folks on MTV with their "urban culture" and "garbage" personalities. Just throw the whole damn mess of 'em on your ignore list! haha

you people are freakin jokes, you think youre so damn omniscient with your sheltered views and oblivious racism.

i smell you sour farts a mile away!!!

7. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

whoa ... looked who has joined the thread ;)

let's all behave now ... We do have forum rules. So keep that in mind when posting :)

8. bobright

bobright Guest

Since when was I breaking forum rules flip? I'm just thinking out loudly. these suckers need to be aware of what standards they are judging this shit on - because there are potential dangers in calling this stuff "garbage." Calling something "garbage" is different than saying "I don't like this"-- yet and still, even if you simply "don't like it," it's important to pay attention to why you "don't like it." And, it's important to understand why other people can and do like it.

9. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

thats easy to answer raps TRASH because it WONT stand the test of time like Blues/Jazz and Rock and Roll will

lets see in 50 to 100 years who remembers artist like Robert Johnson, Son Volt ,Muddy Waters ,B.B.King ,Miles Davis ,John Coltrane ,Led Zeppelin ,Black Sabbath ,The Beatles etc. compared to the rap guys

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2005
  10. justice05

justice05 Member

Led Zeppelin Black Sabbath Ozzy Iron Maiden blah blah to many to mention
    Are the bomb have been and always will be
    These bands whether here or not together or apart will sell more than the rappers that are now.
    Y would this be::::
    BECAUSE these bands knew how to rock and roll.
    The bs that is what they class as music aint worth buying
    I have nearly every song of Led Zep and Black Sabbath

11. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

not to spark too much controversy, but here's something kinda interesting. ever notice that when kids to what the rockers say to do in their songs (depending on the kind of rock, it could be drugs, cutting, drinking, suicide, w/e), they generally only hurt themselves. yet, when they do what the rappers say, they often hurt other people. poppin' caps in po-po's, slappin the hoes, beatin' down a guy for looking at you wrong, stealin to buy your bling....i dunno. just noticed.

12. justice05

justice05 Member

this is so true i have never thought about it in that way.
    Brilliant, bet no one else thinks like that

13. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

aabbccdd Rakim is already a legend in the rap game. ll cool j.. so on and so on. rap aint going nowhere, its going to last, even more than rock.. rock and roll is dead.

14. shuboy00

shuboy00 Member

Man I have been sitting back reading these ignorant people writing this stuff about how they hate rap and how they only favor one type of genre...I say, why don't you stop trying to classify the commercial rap you hear on "MTV." Rap music has its place just like Rock and Roll, R&B, Country, Jazz, and any other genre. And Auslander(no disrespect), but lyrics are just that...lyrics! Its the sick people who actually take those lyrics too far and do something stupid like shoot people and degrade women because of a song they heard. I was listening to this country song yesterday and this guy was talking about beating his wife cause he caught her with his best friend. Whats that?

Everyone needs to stop trying to always point out the negative side of things and look at the positive influence rap music has had on the Black community. I mean...it has to be something big if you have white people trying to be rappers now! (Which is cool)

The last thing I want to say is there is a BIG difference between "rap" and "hip-hop". I think people need to understand that. I am a big advocate of Hip-Hop. Hip-Hop is your Run DMC, LL Cool J, Grand Master Flash, Beastie Boys, Common, all of Black Star. I think rap along with hip-hop will be here for a long time.

Everyone just be open-minded. Listen to all music. Don't ever knock someone else's style (whatever style of music it may be).

~Keep it 100 People~

15. bobright

bobright Guest

exactly - auslander all youre doing is hurting yourself for judging something you have little to no interest in/or know about and assuming whatever it is that may be...

aabb youre not even worth speaking on

the reason i threw the 'racism' comment in there is because The implication in this thread that all this "gangster"-ish music is somehow unified as worthless-ness, stupidity, and "garbage"-ness--as if rapping has no value, as if its some "lesser form of music" made by some under educated - savage idiots. I won't say that's "racist," but to say these things is dangerous... especially considering that a large percentage of the "black community" approves of this music and finds real value in it.

at best, to call it "garbage" (especially with out listening to it) is dangerous.

to define for someone else what their standards of quality should be is absolutely unfair... and if the EFFECT OF THAT is to further oppress and marginalize black people, then it is necessarily "racist," regardless of intentions.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2005
  16. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

bobright,

did I single you out? No.

Just a reminder we do have rules. Watch the language

17. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

HEY bob buddy ,do you know any of the artist i listed above? i bet you havent a clue who any of them are.

maybe you will get it in 20 years what iam talking about

and cool it with the race card thats a cop out, were all equal no matter what color we are
    .and anyway it has nothing to do with this thread ,your trying to make it an issue, NOT anyone else.

18. bobright

bobright Guest

We are all 'equal' adn What I'm saying is not executing that effect -- you are. Bite your tongue buddy--I do know the artists you are talking about AND respect them. What else are you gonna assume...

You people make me sick - to dismiss a part of a genre in such a casual way, your pesky (lack of) reading comprehension skills are at work again aa! hahaha

Do you not understand what im getting at

like i said, youre not worth speaking on

19. andmerr

andmerr Guest

Is it neccessary to use such language in the open forum, cant you guys control your self and actually speak without expletives.

if you really feel this way ,why post at all

i can see from just that post that you dont respect anyone but your self

[/quote]aabb youre not even worth speaking on[/quote]

i beg to differ on that one , every one has an opinion whether its valid or not.Who made you the 'DA BOSS' as far as i see dRD is still top here

racism comments : i'm glad you agree that they are dangerous, this is the 1st bright thing i've seen since this thread started.

racism doesnt belong here[bold]!!!!!!!!!![/bold]

being smart as to antagonize people isnt very becoming and really shows you in a poor light

and finally:

You know this thread started out with some promise but i see the crassness lingers even here.I'm actually quite offended by some comments here and hopefully a mod will close it before it degenerates totally .

andmerr

20. bobright

bobright Guest

yes andmerr - youre so on the money. "I'm the boss and dont respect anyone but myself" hahaha. It's obvious you have no clue on what im talking about or getting at - If youre gonna quote me quote me right--youre simply blowing a couple quotes out of context and disregarding my point...Why do you even 'post'

or wait, NO. lets close this...before anyone gets "offended" its getting out of hand. pff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.