1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rap music

Discussion in 'Feedback to artists' started by TahoePro, Apr 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

bobright

It'd be in your best interest to calm the hell down. Just because folks don't like rap doesn't give you the right to start slandering everyone, bring up the lame race issue or use foul language. You need to thicken your skin and quit getting butt hurt over something as trivial as folks not liking your preferred genre of music.

2. bobright

bobright Guest

Neph it is what it is...I think some people here need to take that advice and thicken their skin.

my posts were aimed at all the silly comments ive been seeing tossed around, and not just in this thread, no ones saying you have to 'like the genre' its one thing to 'not like it' and its one thign to swipe it off as scum "trash" which goes to my original point...but yeah since no one has anything to say or contribute (but that)

might as well close it--

Jdilla, i have that ready, check your pm bud

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2005
  3. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

bobright,

I hear ya. Some comments were just wrong.

from Auslander:
    Where are you living? Auslander go out into the real world man!!! Dude I listen to rap music!! and so do alot of upstanding people do.

People are going to do what they're gonna do, no matter what music they listen to.

Don't blame crappy parents on rap music. The problem with today's kids in the U.S. is a lack of parenting.

4. baldbear

baldbear Member

Flip, I am standing up right now and applauding you, you nailed it right on the head.

5. flip218

thanks baldbear,

You would be one to know about kids behavior these days.

I mean everybody wants to blame either rap music, or video games and even television. That crap pisses me off ... that is not the problem in todays society.

6. shuboy00

shuboy00 Member

I agree with you flip218 about the lack of quality parenting, but I would like to add that statistics show that more and more kids are growing up in single parent house holds. Many of these kids who are in those house holds turn to the people they see on the television and the internet as kind of a role-model. I would have to put a 50-50 blame on parents and on the artists (be they rap, rock, alternative, pop). I say the artists because they know the "real" audience they are reaching when their videos get played on BET and MTV.

I know having a "positive" message is not what sells now a days, but their are rap artists (getting back to the forum topic) who do promote the well-being of society. Check out artists like Common, Talib Kweli, Mos Def, and even 2Pac. Many people prolly would agree on 2Pac...but besides the commercial songs he did, (mainly forced to do by Suge) many of 2Pac's songs had a message in them that the Black community could relate 2.

Can someone else post other positive rap artists?

7. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

i love ya, flip! ;-) was hoping someone would make a good argument against that pathetic post of mine. it was totally unsupported and inane; 'bout time someone took it a step down :)

8. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Time to put this piece of crap out its misery.

9. flip218

I disagree w/ that. My sister is a single mom raising two boys ... and they are well behaved. So it doesn't matter if there is one or two parents .. it matters if the one or two are actually parenting.

@Neph,

damn you shut that down as I replied ;) ... sorry had to post that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.