1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rapidshare or Usenet???

Discussion in 'Usenet newsgroups - Help, how-tos and discussion' started by Cill, Jul 22, 2009.

1. Cill

Cill Guest

Hey guys, which medium do you prefer for downloading games? They both have their plus sides I guess.

Rapidshare:
    Cheaper than usenet
    Unlimited download speed
    Less chance of corrupted files

Usenet:
    More download allowance than rapidshare
    Easier to find games
    Unlimited download speed
    Slight chance of corrupted file (but it is easily fixed)
    Torrent style downloads
    More anonymous

2. jcalton88

jcalton88 Regular member

Usenet. A couple of pros for usenet you forgot.

NFO- can see details about what your downloading

Repeat Posters - I only download things from a certain few uploaders, I trust their uploads are quality.

One of my biggest Pros
    Comments - Can see what other people think of the download.

Those three are big Pros for Usenet. Oh, and almost forgot one...

NOT Rapidshare - ....Don't know, I just don't like rapidshare, for no reason...

3. Cill

Cill Guest

Mmmm, people post a bunch of information and comments for rapidshare links also, just visit http://www.xbox360iso.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24 (although you'll need to register).

There you get more feedback and also a bunch of information (similar to nfo but just part of the post).

Still tossing up. The only real plus I can see at the moment is the ease of finding games on usenet. Do you use nzbmatrix?

4. jcalton88

jcalton88 Regular member

Yeah, thats where I get a lot of stuff. Good site, easy navigation. Its worth it to donate and get the "VIP" access. Better searches and more access to older files(I think standard can only search 20 days back). Although, if your only looking for new releases, the standard is fine.

Didn't know you could find those reviews...Never messed much with rapidshare..like I said, never liked it for some reason. Although its not running yet, nzbmatrix is working on an API, I think a user of the site is working on an app too, that allows you to see whats new and start the download without going to the site.

Also think they are doing a RSS feed on new posts as well, and you can narrow it down to what category.

5. wabashman

wabashman Active member

just use the newsgroups. but since you like copying games the hard way, i would go with rapid share, it would allow you to get your hands more dirty that way.

6. Cill

Cill Guest

You're mistaken - I just like ripping games the cheap way. Only a moron would pay for something that can be achieved just as efficiently on its own. It's like knowing how to fix a computer part yet hiring someone to come over and fix it for you.

7. wabashman

wabashman Active member

Well then I guess about 90% of this site is full of morons since we all have a kreon drive. But what does that make you for coming here and asking a bunch of morons for advice?

Last edited: Jul 23, 2009
  8. guessswho

guessswho Active member

when everyone on the site has already said and recommended usenet, why would the answer change when asked this question?

9. Cill

Cill Guest

Sorry I must have missed the big sticky that says "EVERYONE ON THIS SITE RECOMMENDS USENET" :\

10. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

I wouldn't call newsgroups "torrent style downloads". The dl'er isn't leeching from a bunch of different seeders and he's not seeding himself.

11. 360lifer

360lifer Regular member

Don't forget you can get SSL on usenet.

12. miketrev

miketrev Regular member

SSL is a biggie for me, plus with newsgroups, I get line speed on my 50MB line :D

I know of quite a few Internet Service Providers here in the UK that prioritise Usenet traffic over known download sites.

13. duboy1

duboy1 Regular member

ive used blackcats-games for the longest time and it works great. It maxes out my dl for whatever game i download. I would suggest if you can get in somehow

14. wabashman

wabashman Active member

good suggestion, but i bet the world that no-one is going to invite a newbie that appears to not know anything about anything to a great site like BC.

15. duboy1

duboy1 Regular member

Very good point...haha.. Im just glad I got in when you could just sign up without invites....

16. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

When I download (on very rare occasions due to my internet speed and damn cheap video rental costs) I prefer Rapidshare. For once I can pay by telephone (which is like free when using one of these free sim cards that keep floating around) and then I don't have to get a year's account, I call, have my 3 day pro account, download the game I want and maybe some TV shows and forget my account name and password.