1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RAR / ISO Help...

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by dannynp, Nov 5, 2008.

1. dannynp

dannynp Member

Ok, so i went to my fav site, downloaded an xbox360 game, took forever, opened the rar with stuff it, got 71 rar files.. r00-r51 with the start file being .nfo last being .sfv

I got unrarx to convert to iso, and it gets up to r20 and says:

Write error in the file /Users/dannycasler/Desktop/ISO/x360-gears2.iso [R]etry, [A]bort
    Write error in the file /Users/dannycasler/Desktop/ISO/x360-gears2.iso
    Program aborted

Inappropriate ioctl for device

Other people have said that it works fine, how can i get this to work. Can i simply rename the file r to iso? I wanna get these games working and then burn it with toast.

Im on a Macbook Pro, latest software. your help will be appreciated heavily and whoever gets me the write answer, i will send you some goodies in the mail.

2. varnull

varnull Guest

Why are you using unrarx?.. winrar is what you need... that's what the archive was made with. You don't "convert" anything to an iso.. you unpack the archive when you should get an iso and a dvd file.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2008
  3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum as not a resource forum issue.

4. Ripper

Ripper Active member

You could use 7zip too, although personally I don't like it.

Ok, so I went to my fav websites, reported this post, and...

If you haven't got the technical know-how to pirate things, don't do it. Simple as that.

5. dannynp

dannynp Member

Basically, winrar on a mac is line command only which i do not understand... some things on PC are def better because winrar on PC allows for image and line command. it unpacks to rar file anyhow using stuffit progg on mac, but i need it in iso format to burn to disc

6. dannynp

dannynp Member

yeah way cool, i deff appreciate your "help"... this isnt the first time ive acquired things, its just my first time trying this out, if people like you arent helping i dont know why you come in all elite putting dudes who are new, like you once were with edited by ddp, down.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2008
  7. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Sorry, what, does 7zip not support OSX and .rar files?

Oh, wait, it does.. Both. But hey, I'm no Mac user, so feel free to sh*t on it.

http://www.7-zip.org/download.html