1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RAT to DVD format

Discussion in 'ratDVD discussion, help and suggestions' started by omorgan1, Aug 27, 2006.

1. Bumble_B

Bumble_B Member

The larger files are the XVO files (one nearly 185MB)... so I think these would be video rather than audio. The VSI files are only a few bytes the largest being a mere 1KB. I shall follow your instructions and will write back.

NB There is another xml file within the AV_TS folder (i.e. StreamData.xml). I trust I should compress with this file where it is.

2. Bumble_B

Bumble_B Member

I have not managed! I tried several permutations to include the 2 xml files with-in or with-out the AV_TS folder. Furthermore, I was zipping with the zipper included with Windows XP (right click > send to > compressed (zipped) folder). Should I be using the Winzip programme?

3. Bumble_B

Bumble_B Member

I installed WinZIP; set it to zero compression; zipped AV_TS folder containing streamdata.xml together with version.xml (outside the folder). WMPlayer will not run the compressed file (renamed with extension ratDVD); error upon running RatDVD software ("XML document must have a top level element Line: 0"). The situation is a lot worse now really. Before all this, at least the ratdvd file could run on WMPlayer. Not even the original file will run. I am totally lost! I appreciate you are trying to help and would welcome any further suggestions. Regards

4. Dunker

Dunker Regular member

I think this form of debugging is way too complex, especially since RatDVD changed versions. BTW, you're right, I did get the audio and video backwards. Now that you have proper Divx/xvid installed, have you tried uninstalling the versions of RatDVD you have and going back to the latest or second-latest version, which ever one worked? The second-latest would be preferable if possible.

5. Bumble_B

Bumble_B Member

Thanks. No I haven't reinstalled ratDVD after all this. I'm still using v0.6.1122. I was following your instructions almost to the letter. I must add that I'm at present using ratDVD again on the original ratDVD file but I unchecked Menu and Extras leaving what should be programme episodes that I want to eventually change to individual avi files later (done this successfully with Part 1 of the same title; what I've been trying to do all along is the same but for Part 2). I got an error early in the conversion process to vob ("ratDVD has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.... the information... might be lost...") but I have not closed this window. ratDVD is still running and the vob files are slowly being created despite this error message. I'm keeping my fingers crossed the conversion will go to completion to allow me to recode with nero then to convert individual recoded vob files into avi files. Incidentally the two files I mentioned are the only ones I have ever come across and hopefully will not need to use ratDVD again. I can only consider this to have been one of those "interesting" exercises... perhaps?

6. Bumble_B

Bumble_B Member

No success. I conclude that there must be something wrong with the file itself as it always fails in the same place. Thanks for all your suggestions. Best seasonal wishes!

7. Dunker

Dunker Regular member

You too. Take care! :)