1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RatDVD and Vista x64

Discussion in 'ratDVD discussion, help and suggestions' started by gemjake, Feb 12, 2007.

1. gemjake

gemjake Member

When i installed ratdvd I noticed none of the codecs were registered with the system and they do not display when looking at installed codecs.

The file tries to open and the screen is blank. no audio either. All ther movie formats work (which confuses the crap out of me). I install ratdvd again under safe mode to see if that would help. It didnt.

I have been trying to setup zoom player to try it with that and again the regg'd codecs do not show up as an option.

Has anyone else had this problem? is there any one out there using vista ultimate and ratdvd successfully? any help is appreciated.

2. Cybernav

Cybernav Member

I have the same problem, i tried everything, i downloaded a file that says that's for windows vista...
    But nothing, i didn't try it on the x86 vista... Dunno if works.

3. icgaff

icgaff Member

I had this problem with x86 version of vista, used the Fusion Media player that is a linked download on the ratdvd page under "play ratdvd" and it played back fine.

4. MC68000

MC68000 Member

Tried the Fusion player on Vista Ultimate x86 and it doesnt work for me.

5. Kochbuch

Kochbuch Member

I also tried Windows Media Player, VLC and this Fusion Media Player. Nothing worked, except for the audio stream with VLC. But now im using KMPlayer and everything works fine.
    I have Windows Vista x86. Dunno if it still interests anyone here ;)

6. MC68000

MC68000 Member

Thanks! I will try that player.

[​IMG]