1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RAZR 2 V9m questions

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by Joshewah, Sep 5, 2007.

1. Joshewah

Joshewah Regular member

Hi I just got a RAZR 2 and I wanted to know how to run Java games on it. The games end in the ".jar" extension but when I search their folder in the directory I can't find them which means that phone isn't recognizing the .jar extensions. What must I do to get my phone to recognize these games?

2. Joshewah

Joshewah Regular member

Does anyone else have the razr2 yet and know how to do this?

3. lauzzie

lauzzie Guest

I dont have one yet but am looking at getting one. Are you happy with the phone. Does it live up to expectations. Has it got any new features (I currently have the V3 (original) and just wondered how it compares. Could you tell me all the pros & cons you have found so far so I can decide. Thanks in advance.

4. Joshewah

Joshewah Regular member

Its a cool phone, and sturdy as hell. The outer shell and screen are made from anti-scratch material that feels impervious to dents. The only thing I am not satisfied with is not being able to play the Java games that I want to play. I also need to figure out how to get my own ring tones into the phone.

5. kulikng

kulikng Member

ok i just bought the phone as well. here is where i install the ring tones:

Bluetooth Information Exchanger\File Transfer\Killphone\ringtone

killphone is my phone's name.

anyway i cannot figure out where to install the jar/jad files, and i cant figure out how to "explore" the files on my phone that are not pix/vids/sound... please help

6. engage16

engage16 Regular member

Joshewah... the Razr 2 doesn't support all of the .jar games for what ever reason... We went over that in the thread posted before... As for ringtones read through the instructions again that a wrote there... feel free to ask if you have any hangups...

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/620230

7. engage16

engage16 Regular member

kulikng, if you read through the thread a posted above, it has instructions on how to install Java games on it...

just figured i'd let you know.

8. bmac1632

bmac1632 Member

I read the thread and the instructions were good except the driver link is dead. What drivers do I need to install games? Thanks

9. engage16

engage16 Regular member