1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Razr V3 and bluetooth

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by jose_jose, Mar 30, 2005.

1. jose_jose

jose_jose Guest

Hi,

I just got my razr v3 and i am trying to sync with my PC. I do not have the USB cable, i am trying over BT.

If i just connect from my BT on the PC i can manage my Audio, Pictues and videos or even send Business card without any application.

While trying to use an application to sync, the app doesn't find the phone, anything special to do ?

TIA

2. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

okay thats for v600 but have a try anyway

-Install the latest version of the MPT software and run LiveUpdate

-Start the software, open the default profile, and cancel out of the connection type screen

-When the program opens with the generic phone/skin selected, hit F6 to go into the manual setup

-Click the Communication tab and change the modem to the Bluetooth modem, then select the V600 from the device selection screen

-After you exit the setup, the skin should change to the V600 and it MIGHT connect to the V600

-If it doesn't, initialize the Dial-up Networking Gateway to the phone via Bluetooth (you can do this through "My Bluetooth Places," or the Bluetooth tray icon)

-You will see the BT icon turn green (if you have it set up correctly) and the dial-up networking window will pop up

-With the icon still green, refresh the Mobile PhoneTools display (or exit and restart the program, or open and close the setup screen)

-It should connect! Now whenever I open the MPT software, I don't even have to initialize the Bluetooth modem. It does it automatically.

Let me know if this works for anyone! I hope it was helpful.

3. jose_jose

jose_jose Guest

Thanks a lot,

In fact what you described worked perfectly!

Just to note that the MPT installation was crashing my built in BT on the laptop; what i did is to re-install the BT software of the laptop after the MPT and follow your instructions and it worked.

Thanks again

4. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

glad to hear that :D