1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RAZR v3m - mp3 ringtones possible help???

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by Lord_P, Jun 20, 2006.

1. ActNUp

ActNUp Member

OK I have the AMP'D Mobile version of the Motorazr v3m and I bought the MPT and I can get the mp3's to my phone but I don't have Get Tunes and Tones option and I don't have the option to save the mp3 files to ring tones. I texted the mp3 also and still can't assign it as a ringtone. Usually don't care about this kind of stuff, but I bought the phone and I should be able to do it so now it is imperitive I learn how. Thanx in advance for any step in the right direction.

Debbie

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

I'm not real familiar with Ampd except I'm pretty sure its a pre-pay system. In some of those cases the features are not available because its pre-pay. I'll try and find more info for you but not sure if anything can be done. I would think the ringtone feature would still be active but just guessing for now. Does MPT connect by USB properly and show the Multimedia icon as available??

Jerry

3. ActNUp

ActNUp Member

When I connect to the usb all the buttons are available. I can't do the phomebook but I don't care about that. I can transfer sound and pics. Pics so far I can use as wallpaper. But the sounds I can't get to the ringtones. Thanx for checking this out for me.

Thanx again,

Debbie

4. x1donut

x1donut Guest

http://hacktherazr.com/ just surf around thier they have alot of kno how about seem edits and which ones you will want

5. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

It may be the file format that you are using. Ringtones need to be in MP3 format. They also need loaded to the phone memory, not to a card if you have one installed. Just guessing and throwing out some possible suggestions. Songs loaded to the card need to be in WMA format.

Jerry

6. x1donut

x1donut Guest

sorry dont mean to be kindof off toppic but what do i do if i installed a new skin opened it and now my computer beeps when i plug it in but dosnt seem to notic it is thier and when i try to change any setings i cant get to that screen any more is thier a quick way to flash my phone its a razr v3m

7. ActNUp

ActNUp Member

Ok I downloaded a ringtone to see how it worked and the ringtone is in the same list as the mp3 I transfered to my phone. The only difference is there is a lock on the speaker icon and I have the option to set it as a ring tone.I guess it automatically goes to the phone memory and not the card. Hope I explained that correctly.

8. ActNUp

ActNUp Member

Sorry, correction. I don't have the option to set it as a ring tone. Slip of the fingers. The transfered mp3 that is. Thanx.

Debbie

9. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

It took some searching but I found this post for you. I hope you know how to seem edit since this looks like the problem. This is from another forum. Many problems with Ampd service and hacks.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

Being that you have Amp'd you don't need to do the MMS seem edit. The only people who do, if memory serves me are Sprint & VZW user being that Sprint & VZW have there own custom UI.

As for the "Apply as ringtone" check this seem edit on your amp'd phone to see if it is turned on or not

Seem 2742, record 1, bytes 0000
    Offset 0075, bit 4 - off, Enables Apply as Ringtone
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope this helps.

Jerry

10. ActNUp

ActNUp Member

Don't get mad at me, but how do I do that? Sorry.

Debbie

11. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Go back one page in this thread. I posted a guide that I followed to learn to seem edit my phone. Read it well and see if you think you can do it. If not, you may need to find someone that understands the process better. The guide is pretty good and I had no problems doing my phone. I had never done a seem edit before. I just took my time and double checked everything before clicking any buttons. You will need to substitute the numbers for your phone edit in place of the ones in the guide but the process is the same.

Jerry

12. mmm1976

mmm1976 Guest

Hey Jerry, I worked on my razr over the weekend. First I had trouble getting the MPT to work, but then got it to work. I figured out how to put the ringtones and eveything on the phone. But, now my phone is acting funny, like where it displays the time, it doesn't display the "verizon wireless". It doesn' display it on the inside of the phone either. Now it is on there. Also, the bars in the upper left hand corner(reception) I have no bars or maybe 1, never more than that though. I did the same seem edits to my husbands phone(minus the vibrate then ring seem edit) and his is fine. Do you think verizon found out I was messing with my phone? Thanks Jerry, or anyone replying back.

13. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

The only way they could know is if you took the phone in for service. Go back and recheck the edits you did and make sure they are correct. You may have did one slightly wrong. Recheck the edits with your working phone and see if there is something different between the 2 phones.

Jerry

14. x1donut

x1donut Guest

any one know of any flash program

15. mmm1976

mmm1976 Guest

I checked my phone with my husbands, and everything is the same. It was working fine right after I put the ringtones on, too. I just started acting up just yesterday.

16. mmm1976

mmm1976 Guest

Also, I didn't take it into a verizon. Do you think with me having the internet(mobile web) on my phone will tip them off, with me doing this stuff to my phone?

17. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

You posted a link to this site below which is one of the better forums. There are several flashes but it depends on your service provider to some extent. You can probably find the original seem edits listed somewhere on there also to put the phone back to original condition. Doing the seem edits like listed in that guide I posted shows how to save the original configurations so you can revert back if necessary. Thats one of the BIG benefits of doing it that way. Whatever system you use, you should always write down and save the original settings before making changes just in case something doesn't work.

http://hacktherazr.com/

Jerry

18. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

I doubt Verizon has anyway of knowing what you did to the phone. All seem edits could possibly do is void the original warranty if taken in for service in a modified condition. To my knowledge, doing seem edits are legal in the sense that the phone was designed to work that way. Verizon are the ones actually trying to keep you from getting full use of the phone. No actual legal issues that I know of except they can refuse warranty service because the phone was altered if they find out. I'm not sure what your problem can be. Maybe try and put it back to original settings and see if everything is normal. Then start from the beginning with the edits again.

Jerry

19. cwags97

cwags97 Member

im an doing everything exactly like you said but when i set the ringtone to my home # and call my cell it plays nothing. any help for this situation.
    thanks

20. mmm1976

mmm1976 Guest

Sorry, to take so long with the reply Jerry, but I found out what is wrong with my phone. It is something real weird. I checked and rechecked all the seem edits I had done(just 2) and they were fine. Then I thought it was the battery, cause I took mine out and put my husbands in and I had 4(reception)bars. But after awhile they went down to 0 again. I have put those snap on covers on my phone so I keep it somewhat protected, ya know. Well the ones I had previously(b4 the seem edits) were clear. I had bought new ones which are plastic but had a metallic paint for the colors of the covers . But I took it off to clean my phone and had it off for sometime, and looked to see how many bars I had, just figuring it was gonna be 0, but I had. What a strange reason for a cellphone to act up. Thanks Jerry and all whom helped me.