1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RAZR v3m - mp3 ringtones possible help???

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by Lord_P, Jun 20, 2006.

1. ButRanger

ButRanger Member

edited by ddp

Last edited: Aug 13, 2006
  2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

i get last laugh!!!!

3. maggertl

maggertl Member

Which software version are you guys using on your v3m? I'm using NEWC_01.05.0A. Is that different from what you have?

4. skeeter69

skeeter69 Member

i have the cingular black v3..will this work on mine?

5. lxhotboy

lxhotboy Regular member

You dont have to go through with all the trouble with the cingular razor. You can make your own ringtones....freee. Transfer them from pc to phone, and phone to phone using bluetooth. Search for audacity to make your ringtones. Motorolla phone tools to transfer them to your phone. You will also need a USB cable to connect your razor to your pc or use a bluetooth connection to transfer.

6. JB747

JB747 Member

Hey Guys,
    That was a cool trick that worked fine when I followed it step by step. Here's scenario I ran into when I tried to change things though. After I recored a voice clip in Step 10 (081806_00081), I went back to Get Tunes and Tones (from the main menu) and renamed the file to “Bebop-Call_Me”. The renamed file (Bebop-Call_Me) did not show up under ringtones, but the older filename (081806_00081) did, which did not play. This stayed through a reboot. I renamed the file (Bebop-Call_Me) back to it’s old name (081806_00081) using Get Tunes and Tones. It still did not play in the ring tones even though it showed up. The file will play under Get Tunes and Tones though. So now I'm stuck with a dead file under my ring tones menu. Maybe beware if you don't want to fill up your menu.

7. brian032

brian032 Member

You could use http://www.theringtonemaker.com
    You can create unlimited ringtones for a lot of phones if you buy a $13 licence. I've made about 40 ringtones. It's very easy.

8. lxhotboy

lxhotboy Regular member

Well if your phone will play mp3 songs there are numerous programs that let you make your own ringtones without paying $13. FREEEEE....

9. maggertl

maggertl Member

I can't to store anything to my TransFlash card. The phone doens't seem to reconized that it is there. Any ideas?

10. matt2369

matt2369 Guest

I was able to put the music on my phone and play it but not able to set it as a ringtone it has a black C right next to it does anyone know how to get rid of the black C and set it as a ringtone? thanks

11. me100472

me100472 Member

Hello everyone, this software that you can purchase from cellcables.com, does it disable any other features on the razr v3m? I want to be able to use mp3 ringtones on my phone but dont want to ruin it in the process.

12. darksatan

darksatan Guest

Motorola Phone Tools will not disable any features on the Razr all it does is allows you to preform different tasks like transfer pictures and video from phone to computer and vice verse. When you get into seem edit or other stuff is when you can mess up your phone.

13. Pocketwav

Pocketwav Member

Hi!
    If you want new ringtone for free come by
    http://www.pocketwaves.com
    Mp3 EmbryoIIExtended is for free

Tell me what you think of site and sound

Thanks
    "D"

14. lxhotboy

lxhotboy Regular member

most of the songs for rap and r&b are outdated by 20 years and the sound quality of the ringtones is not up to par.

15. lerow03

lerow03 Member

16. lxhotboy

lxhotboy Regular member

I use the program audaciy to make my ringtones and then use streambox ripper to tweak with the sound quality before transferring the mp3 ringtone to my phone. Best ringtones i have ever heard bc ever phone speaker is diff in sound quality and the ringtones need to be adjusted sound quality wise due to the fact that just because a ringtone sounds good on one phone doesnot mean it will be great for the next phone.

17. Spyder22

Spyder22 Regular member

I wish i knew how to get the ringtones to my dam razr V3m that i just paid 200$ for at a verizon :(

18. darksatan

darksatan Guest

if you go back through and find my first post it tells you how to add ringtones to your Razr V3m for Verizon.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2006
  19. plcdaq

plcdaq Member

Spyder22, if you go back through this thread, on July 19 djteka posted steps for adding mp3 files as ringtones. The method will depend upon who your cell phone provider is. djteka's procedure works for Verizon wireless. I've used it and I now have 11 new mp3 ring tones on my Razr v3m. Don't be disappointed with the Razr, if you have Verizon, be disappointed with Verizon because they locked down a lot of the Razr features so that you use their services.

20. lxhotboy

lxhotboy Regular member

I would be dissappointed in the razor myself b.c they built a magnificent phone and only gave it about 5 or 6mb or memory for ringtones and other media. I could probably put minimum 500 rintones on my phone. Razor sucks and i am so glad i didnot get one.