1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RAZR v3m - mp3 ringtones possible help???

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by Lord_P, Jun 20, 2006.

1. jadon270

jadon270 Member

Hello guys.
    Ok, I tried both ways of getting a ring tone to work on my V3m phone.
    The way 'plcdaq' and 'DJ' said sounded good and every thing worked right for me, except once i put the mine-SD card back in my phone i play the renamed mp3 song on my phone fine. But, when i go to 'options' it only says 'rename' or 'move' that's it. Nothing about setting it as my ring tone.

So, i try the other method that yxsean380 had.

I whent to:

https://www.myxer.com?ur=142253&refcode=FriendHtml (Copy and Paste) Select the ring tone (It should think it is a mid file
    Type in your number
    and hit send.

I did that but it never show up on my phone.
    Maybe because i didn't get the,

Ok first send the mp3 to yourself via email
    2. Download it again, but hit save to disk, then where it says mp3 format sound, change that to all files, and then add .mid to the end of the mp3 name

I didn't get what he meant by that?
    Can any one help?
    Thanks a lot.

2. yxsean380

yxsean380 Member

sorry i must not have explained properly
    go to gmail or whatever email you use
    attach the mp3 to an email and send it to yourself.
    then open up internet explorer
    go to gmail or yahoo or whatever email you are using
    click on the attachment and click save
    BUT! when you are doing that a little popup should say on the bottom
    file name and save as type
    change the save as type to all files and then add .mid to the end of the file name
    then send it to yourself with myxer using the link i gave u before

3. matt2369

matt2369 Guest

hey does any one know if you can download free games onto your phone some how? is it possible? thanks

4. jadon270

jadon270 Member

Oh ok!
    I got that down now. I am using Yahoo mail, BTW.

I attached the song i wanted to a email, then sent it so my self. Then i opened it and hit 'save' then put .mid on the end of the name of the song then selected 'all files' them put it under C/my music then whent to the Myxer site, selected the song, put in my cell # in and hit 'GO'.

Then after trying to send it for about 30 sec it just goes back to Myxer where you put in your cell # and songs and just has hight lighted in yellow...

"Please select a supported song file type: .m4a, .mp3, .wav and .wma" . . .?

And still nothing shows up on my phone? What duzz it want me to do?
    Thanks again.

5. jadon270

jadon270 Member

OH!!! I got it to work now. I just put .wma instead of .mid and it seemed to work!!! That firkin cool!! Thanks!

Oh, but after you put one song on there then it cost a dollar something if you want another one. . . not cool.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2006
  6. wanger101

wanger101 Member

heh, I got a T-Moblie Razr and I haven't seen anything specific about this provider. I'll admit right now I'm a complete noob so I need everything explained to me as clear as possible. I saw yxsean360 post and it looked interesting. I'll check it out. But like I said, I don't know anything about Transflash Cards or Razr Tool or how to use a USB cable (though i have one...)I'm choking for some new ringtones. Please, need help. =)

7. busta28

busta28 Member

I have managed to get the song in place of the voice file and it plays fine even with renaming it. I do not however have an option to set as ringtone, how do i get that? nor does it let me set a contacts ringtone as it. I tried getting it as a ringtone before renaming it. when unseccessful i renamed it just to see if i could.

8. jadon270

jadon270 Member

Yes, that is the very same problem i am having too. Does any one know how to fix that?

9. darksatan

darksatan Guest

If people would actually read what i posted about how put ringtones on the Verizon wireless V3m Razr.

10. jadon270

jadon270 Member

That sounds cool but, what is PST and P2k? How do i set that differently on my phone?

11. plcdaq

plcdaq Member

If you look back at my previous posts that procedure works, but what I've noticed is that I've been missing calls. My phone doesn't always ring with the mp3 ring tone. I switched back to one of the bundled ring tones and I haven't had a problem since.

From what I've been reading some people using P2K are successful and some aren't so I guess what I'm saying is be careful. I just bought the Motorola V3M cable package with software and bonus CD from cellcables.com. I installed it, but haven't used it yet. I'll keep you all posted on the results with this. I bought it because I read earlier in this thread that there were other who had good luck with it and I also had good luck with a similar package from them for use with my Samsung (spelling) phone. We'll see.

12. hoserred

hoserred Member

As far as making ringtones.... The only way I am able to do this is find a 30K mp3 or make one... and rename the .mp3 to a .mid, and then send it to MYPHONENUMBER@vzwpix.com as an attachment.

13. darksatan

darksatan Guest

it dont have to be a mp3 you can convert it to a mid or wma and will work instead of using pst and p2k you can use bitpm which works alittle better then p2k because with some people its a little hard to get p2k to work with the verizon.

14. plcdaq

plcdaq Member

I've just finished installing and setting up the Motorola Phone Tools, patches and phone files from the cable package I purchased from cellcables.com. It was well worth the $40.00 I spent. There is no more copying, renaming, sending to yourself, etc., etc. Just transfer the ringtones from your computer directly to your phone and they have the filename of the song and actually appear as ringtones. It works great!!

15. darksatan

darksatan Guest

Which patches came with that because i already have Motorola Phone Tools 4.0 and the phone cable but really dont want to buy all that again to have a extra laying around so if you can post the patches and phone files up the names of them.

16. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

www.motomodders.net is the bomb! I won a Razr V3 from Pepsi, but unfortunately they didn't have one in my carrier, so I had to take a Cingular one, figure out how to unlock it, (Thanks Scotty!) and learned how to use MPT, and now am in hog heaven, can't go wrong there for info, help and downloads information.

17. lxhotboy

lxhotboy Regular member

Now you can use a program like audacity to make your own rintones from any mp3 or wav file. I then use streambox ripper to adjust the sound quality and transfer to my phone via usb cable. You are lucky to have the cingular razor.

18. tweakmt

tweakmt Member

ok so I tried jdeerborn pldac and dj's meathod and I have issues

im fine with everything up to the point where i reinsert the flash card into my cell from there it goes to hell

I CAN SEE the voice recording that is actually a mp3 in my ringtone options OR in the tunes and tones

the problem IS It does not play the file in either place at this point

IF i rename it in the tunes and tones section it will only play there but IF i go to attach the "voice file" (that by the way DID NOT rename)to someones name for a ringer it wont play anything

I know have "dead links" for voice recordings....?
    I did do the modifications of folder options on my PC
    MY CELL SOFTWARE VERSION IS newc_01.05.0a do you think that could cause problems

19. tweakmt

tweakmt Member

also dark can you link me to the PST and P2k programs ill tray that way to

thx

20. darksatan

darksatan Guest