1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RAZR v3m - mp3 ringtones possible help???

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by Lord_P, Jun 20, 2006.

1. shantman

shantman Member

I seem to be the only person having this problem. How the hell do you get the freakin mini sd card out of the phone? It's so small i can't get a grip on it. I can barely slide it out a little bit but i cant take it out completely. Is there any special way I'm supposed to do this that my retarded self couldnt figure out?

2. M0nk3yB

M0nk3yB Member

When explaining how to use p2k v3.3.0 commander and MPT.. Its probalby a good idea to mention what version of MPT to use because the version I have apparently doesnt have some of the functions you are talking about.

3. jadon270

jadon270 Member

Ok, the way i take mine out is just press down with your pointer finger and wile applying pressure with your finger pull back. Not a lot of pressure just enough to grip it. Or if you have long fingernails you can hook it on tht little lip and pull it out that way. That is how i take mine out.

4. darksatan

darksatan Guest

its the newest verison of mpt i only use the newest verison for software instead of older being a programmer most you older verison have bugs in them

5. tweakmt

tweakmt Member

yeah i actually found the p2k before you linked me but there are so many versions of the MPT thats the one i need a link to thx

6. darksatan

darksatan Guest

if i was at main computer i would upload it to my server but not being near it all i can say is its PST 7.2.3 you could search for it on this forum and download it probably.

7. tweakmt

tweakmt Member

ok yeah im a nub i know some but after opening those to programs this:Quote:if you want to create and add your own mp3 ringtones to the New Verizon Razr V3m to your phone here is the steps and the programs used to do it.

Motorola PST and P2k Commander V 3.3.0

Go ahead and open up PST then P2k Commander allow it to switch the phone to P2k Mode Once that is done.

Hopefully you have used P2k Commander Prior to this.

Now the fun will begin go ahead and copy all the mp3's you want to have as ringtones. You will have to copy them into the Motorola | Shared | Audio folder of the phone.

After you have copied all them over to the phone you will need to delete two files from the phone.

Find and delete TmpTneDB.db and MyToneDB.db

Now unconnect the phone and restart it. After this is done you will now beable to set those Mp3's as ringtones if you want to add more just redo the steps above.

I hope this helps

is not step by step enough.......

8. darksatan

darksatan Guest

You have to make the ring tone using audiocity or a ringtone maker So

1.) Open up PST
    2.) Open Auto Deamon in P2k
    3.) Allow it to connect to P2k MODE. You might have to unplug the phone from the computer then plug it back in to allow it to connect to this mode.

4.) on the right side in the drop down box put it on P2K Mobile Phone

that will then read the phone contents.

now you will see a few folders and some files

then double click on the phone motorola then shared then audio

now find where you put the ringtone on the left side. After you have

found the ring tone select it by clicking once on the file now click

the copy button this will in return copy it to the phone.

Now what you need to do is click on the .. to return back to where

you see the motorola folder now scroll down until you see the two

files. File Names are TmpTneDB.db and MyToneDB.db. Now what you want

to do is click once and highlight the files now click on the delete

button and this will then delete the file from the phone. Repeat this

set for the other file. After you have done this then you want to

unconnect your phone from the computer then restart it.

I hope this helps alittle better.

9. tweakmt

tweakmt Member

everytime i try and switch it to p2k drop down it switches right back to C: it also keeps trying to add software for my cellphone (new harderware found bs)

10. darksatan

darksatan Guest

if you use the auto deamon it will auto switch it if its ask for software drivers they should already be there so just put the next on the driver setup

11. Country33

Country33 Guest

First of all those of you who have cingular are lucky. I bought a cable and software for $20 and had as many ringtones as I wanted. Then cingular kicked me off and now I have a Verizon v3m. I still have the data cable and have been looking everywhere for ways to get ringtones on it. I don't have the miniSD card but I do still have my data cable. I can get songs onto my phone but it won't use them as ringtones. Most of the solutions you've had to buy software to get ringtones on the phone. Does anyone know of a solution that wouldn't cost anything? Any help would be appreciated.

12. dougwoug8

dougwoug8 Member

Ok I Tried the Mp3 Ringtone by recording then opening it up on my computer and copying the name it worked but before i looked at the end of the note I changed the name and now i Cant get it to work again so any solutions on how to fix it.

13. tweakmt

tweakmt Member

I dont know it never worked on mine maybe a newer software version made us not be able to do this

14. madison88

madison88 Member

15. jorahan

jorahan Guest

I know normally i answer all the Moto questions ;) but people, is this worth 6 pages of writing? just download an MP3 and put on phone! That simple

16. razrv3m

razrv3m Member

i bit easier way to make a ringtone out of your mp3's is to convert the mp3 to wav using any kind of audio converter(google them). assuming u have windows xp, go to start menue, all programs, accessories, entertainment, and then to sound recorder. open the folder with the converted music. edit a 30 sec. clip (can be larger if u have transflash card). then "save as" go to format under the file name, save as type. and change it to mpeg layer-3 56kBit/s, 24,00. also type the name u wish to save it as and make sure u save it as a .midi file. open ur email, if u have verizon, send the file to ur phone which will be your mobile number with @vzwpix.com and there ya go. open the txt messege and save sound. open ur phone tune's and tones, scroll down the list till u find your song and set as ringtone. this will work with any music.......

17. flipper08

flipper08 Guest

Thanks to all for the wonderful information on getting ringtones to a V3m phone. My sister has this phone and we've been trying to get around Verizon's choke on it for sounds and images. Working with my sister certainly has made me appreciate my Cingular service much more.

Anyway, to my question. Would anyone tell me if we are supposed to use the same steps to transfer images to her V3m using the Transflash card or do something different?

Thanks in advance.

18. LQQn

LQQn Member

So, I've successfully up/down loaded custom ringtones to my RAZR V3M. The issue is that although the ringtone length is 20 seconds, I only hear the first 5-6 seconds which is repeated throughout the cell phone ringing process. Is there anyway to hear the entire 20 second ringtone?

19. d3m0nedge

d3m0nedge Regular member

Have you checked the call divert settings? Sometimes you can chage your divert settings from 5 seconds to 30 seconds. (Eg. Divert if busy, unavailable etc...)

20. LQQn

LQQn Member

Just curious, with your new MP3 ringtones, do they play all the way through or cycle through the first 5 seconds? I made several custom ringtones using Audacity. I uploaded them using PST and P2K. I was able to assign ringtones to certain numbers, but when the phone rings from one of these numbers, I don't hear the full 20 second ringtone that I made. I plays the first 5 seconds and then repeats. Any thoughts?