1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RAZR v3m - mp3 ringtones possible help???

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by Lord_P, Jun 20, 2006.

1. flipper08

flipper08 Guest

I like a lot of others here have been able to use the Transflash card to upload mp3's to the v3m phone but have been unable to assign them as ringtones.

Upon further reading, I found Razrv3m's post about converting the mp3 to a wav and then to a midi. It finally dawned on me that although you can play an mp3 on your v3m, in order to assign it at a ringtone it has to be in midi format.

I was somewhat successful following Razrv3m's directions but I did have a problem converting to a midi and I'm hoping Razrv3m will be kind enough to help me out.

I was able to follow the instructions all the way up to "make sure u save it as a .midi file". For some reason, the Sound Recorder program in Accessories won't save a file as anything but a .wav. The drop down under "Save as type" only has two options--.wav or All Files.

In order to continue my testing, I had to go out and download a Wav to Midi converter. The trouble is, the program costs over $120.

So I need a little help with the Windows Sound Recorder or for someone to point me to a Wav to Midi converter that is either free or at least reasonably priced. Thanks to all here for all the help.

2. LQQn

LQQn Member

d3m: How do I get to the call divert settings? Do I need to do another seem edit?

3. LQQn

LQQn Member

D3M: Also, I have a GSM not CDMA phone. I'm concerned that this call divert functionality is for the CDMAs. Ideas?

4. Edubkins

Edubkins Guest

HELP!!! I followed all the listed steps and was able to get the tones on my phone. The problem I'm having is that I am unable to assign the tone to a contact. Even if i just save the voice recording to the sd card I still am unable to even assign that to a contact. I have the same problem with pictures. I am able to view the media on the card but the set as option doesnt show when its saved to the card. Any ideas would be stellar.

5. Epik151

Epik151 Member

double post sry delete this plz

Last edited: Dec 29, 2006
  6. Epik151

Epik151 Member

Thanks paintball.

Mods can you delete the previous msg of mine? Thanks, sorry.

When I rename my mp3s into pcq files when i get them back on the phone, in the Gets Tunes & Tones menu I can't set them as ringtones. There is just 2 options now to do something i don't remember and the other is to move the location of the file.

But when you go into your individual contacts you can set it up as the ringtone.

But has anyone figured out how to set it as the ringtone for all calls?

Thanks.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2006
  7. wbiscuit

wbiscuit Member

The best way to make ringtones for the Verizon v3m razr is to cancel your contract with Verizon and pay the early cancellation fee. Then buy service with any other cell provider and have free, unlimited ability to make ringtones.

Verizon is a greedy, evil company and should be boycotted. I hope they die a slow, miserable death!!

8. flipper08

flipper08 Guest

I agree 100+% wbiscuit. Only I hope Verizon's death is speedy because I just hate to know other people are getting sucked in by them.

I was finally able to get the Grey's Anatomy ringtone that I made for my sister onto her Verizon razr thanks to razrv3m's instructions. Once I finished converting the .wav file, I manually changed the file extension to .mid

Unfortunately, the file had to be emailed to her phone (which incurred a charge from Veria**) instead of using the transflash card. When I tried to use the transflash card, I was able to move the file to the phone. Once on the phone though the only options for the file was to move it or change the name. It still wouldn't let me assign it as a ringtone.

However, I didn't try the earlier instructions about recording a sound file and replacing it. I might try that the next time I see my sister and see if that works. I just so want to get this to work so Verizon won't get any more of my sister's hard earned money than possible.

Thanks for all the help, people! The people on Afterdawn forum are fantastic!

9. razrv3m

razrv3m Member

hope my info helped! to transfer photo's from phone to computer is easy, more of a pita then ne thing. b/c u have to take the transflash card out of the phone, use a card reader, and plug into ur printer, or computer. then just open as folder type, then copy and past where u want it. too bad it wouldn't work that way with the mp3's. however, there is another way to transfer the images, prolly the best site i've found about the razr is hacktherazr.com
    hope this helps

10. razrv3m

razrv3m Member

www.hacktherazr.com
    then go to guide's. everything and anything is in there that you can do with your razr. there's also a forum there for more Q and A.

11. flipper08

flipper08 Guest

Thank you razrv3m! That site is a varitable gold mine!

12. SccrPlyr

SccrPlyr Member

i was wonderin if anyone knew how to get my sprint razr v3m to show up in my computer. ive already tried the windows add new hardware but it doesnt show it in my computer when i connect the phone.
    HELP PLEASE

13. apa64che

apa64che Guest

Okay, let me start off for thanking you guys for the help in putting ringtones on my Verizon V3m.

I'm using the "record new" method by using the flash card. Everything works fine, the only kink I have is, when I turn the phone off, and then back on, it doesn't work. What I have to do to make it work is, go back to the menu, arrow to the right to the sounds, go to where the ringtones are, and arrow down to a standard ringtone. Once it sounds, I then go back and re-select my created ringtone. After that, everything works like a charm, but I have to do that every time once I power my phone off.

Is that what everybody has to do, or is it just me? Am I missing a step somewhere?

14. paintba11

paintba11 Member

i have to do the same thing apa64che, that is one reason i only turn my phone off about once a week.

15. apa64che

apa64che Guest

Thats the only drawback. Anyway, I'm not complaining... at least it works.

16. ninja911

ninja911 Member

Hey just had to commend djteva's mp3 to ringtone trick for the razr. I had some of the same problems with no sound until I followed the intructions exactly. You have to: Go to START, CONTROL PANEL, double click on FOLDER OPTIONS,VIEW TAB, uncheck "Hide Extensions For Known File Types" Then follow the rest of the instructions exactly. After you remane the mp3 with the recorded (.qcp) file name windows tells you that doing this might make the file unstable, hit yes. Works like a charm, my mp3s as my ringtones not what they want me to have, or buy.

17. ash9445

ash9445 Member

I just got a Pink Verizon Moto RAZR v3m. I've tried to set it so the recordings will be saved to the Micro SD Card, but there's no Options menu when I go to "Record New". All I see is a microphone with a little timer (no doubt the length of the clip) and the "Start Recording" option for the OK button.

Help?

18. apa64che

apa64che Guest

Yea, thats the way you create the new ringtone. What you need to do to set up the sd card is go to: menu, arrow left twice, select 1. (Get Tunes & Tones), select 4. Record New,, then go to options.

I don't have the pink razr, but if its the V3m, it should be the same.

19. apa64che

apa64che Guest

Actually, after checking mine, it should allow you to change the storage device either way. It doesn't give you the options menu until you install the card. First I know it sounds obvious, but make sure you micro sd is seated in the slot properly. Once you do that, you might want to try formatting it through your phone. To do that:

Go to Menu, / Arrow right to Settings & Tools, / select 5. (System), / select 2. (Device Info), / arrow down to Storage Devices, and hit select / then make sure TRANS-T-Flash is highlighted, and select Options. Then just format the card. (make sure you havent saved any pics or anything to it, cause it will delete everything)

Hope this helps.

20. ash9445

ash9445 Member

Thanks, yup, that was my problem, my SD card wasn't all the way inserted into the slot.

Everything's good now!