1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RAZR v3m - mp3 ringtones possible help???

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by Lord_P, Jun 20, 2006.

1. melchiah

melchiah Member

Very nice trick! Great Job!

2. apa64che

apa64che Guest

3. apa64che

apa64che Guest

Sorry about the above post.... I guess i didnt scroll down far enough in my quote.

Just to repeat, if anyone has to go through all that stuff to make your created ringtone work, just turn on the phone, turn on the speakerphone, and then turn the speakerphone off. A lot quicker than going through the steps i posted before

4. ibmacer

ibmacer Guest

Hello,

I've tried the steps described in a page that i found, and it worked wonders for me. I'm glad a friend suggested it to me.

hopefully you'll make some use out of it.

http://aznuwee.googlepages.com

As well, it was written up for the KRZR but also works for the V3c or v3m's

good luck

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2007
  5. OneTiger

OneTiger Member

I live in an area where there are two choices to get service, cingular and verizon. After cingular tried to screw me out of 1000 dollars because of a screwup a rep made I am left with verizon. I had no idea a perfectly good phone could be so crippled. It's to the point where I actually miss my old v551 for its ease in bluetoothing and downloading. I am very grateful to dj for the great file extension switch. Works most of the time. Though occasionally it won't play when som1 calls or a file will just go dead or disappear. (not real sure why that is)

6. OneTiger

OneTiger Member

This worked for your VERIZON v3m phone?

7. OneTiger

OneTiger Member

Good suggestion. Mine wouldn't work at all until I formatted through my phone, shut down the phone, and then turned it back on. The phone creates the proper folders on the sd card that way. And on mine it said it renamed it to T-flash. It was originally listed as storage media before formatting.

8. OneTiger

OneTiger Member

Just wanted to thank you, this worked almost perfectly! I'm so happy...yyyaaayy! I say almost because I had two ringtones come up with a little blip and then nothing, but I think that that was due to either too large a file or I needed to change the bitrate. Anyway, the qcp idea, while amazing, was a bit to buggy and so far this one worked perfectly for my verizon v3m. Thanks Again ibmacer!

9. TGIX

TGIX Member

http://www.nicolebatten.com/?p=251

THIS WORKS! IT'S EASY TOO! NO CABLES OR SOFTWARE TO BUY! TAKES JUST ABOUT A MINUTE! SOUND QUALITY IS GREAT!

http://www.nicolebatten.com/?p=251 That's the link you want to go to for simple instructions.

I worked on this issue of getting a custom made ringtone into my Razr V3m for the longest time until I found this link. I refused to pay Verizon extra $$ just to get the ringtone I made into my phone.

The process is really simple. You can e-mail an mp3 as an attachment to a text message, listen to it, save it and select it as your ringtone. That's about all there is to it!

I did only one thing different than the instructions on that site. I first converted my mp3 to a qcp file type with qcpc60 which is trial-ware (you're supposed to pay if you keep it and use it). It was free to download and try. It was simple and fast to use. I'm a Mac user but have an old PC that I used since qcpc60 is a Windows app. I also imagine that the instructions on that site would work too with just sending an mp3 and saving in the phone as a qcp but I just want to note that I did it this way, converted to qcp first.

Enjoy!

10. shellim4

shellim4 Guest

I've been reading the posts about this and am wondering...my company is a local company. they have a RAZR V3C and a KRZR K1M. What's the likelihood of this method working on these phones? I'm waiting to purchase a phone, as I'd like to know if I can get my own mp3 ringtones on them without having to pay for a data package. They say that's the only way to get them.
    What'd ya think?
    Shelli

11. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Who is your company, and what model RAZR are you thinking of?

12. shellim4

shellim4 Guest

It's a RAZR V3C. The company is Illinois Valley Cellular-a local company.
    Shelli

13. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Not sure of that company, but this seems to work with all of the V3C and V3M's I've heard of,
    get MP3's into your phone
    and how to enable the data transfer between a V3C and MPT
    MPT guide
    Ask the sales people if MPT will work with your phone as far as uploading Ringtones into your phone, have them show you if it can be done, if not, then time to do some fun seem editing. Nothing beats having an assigned ringtone for everyone in your phonebook so you know who is calling before you reach into your pocket, he he he.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2007
  14. TGIX

TGIX Member

I certainly wouldn't want to go through all the hassles of seem editing or the expense of buying MPT if there was a simple alternative. There is one. I posted about it. Others have too. Simply e-mail your mp3 to your phone, save it, make it a ringtone. If you don't pay for text messaging it may cost an additional 10¢ per message. I figured that's well worth all the time saved or expense of paying for MPT. Why not just give it a try instead of wondering about it. What is there to loose but a minute or two and maybe one whole whopping dime?

15. shellim4

shellim4 Guest

TGIX,
    Where do I save it? What if you don't have the option to "save as ringtone"? Also, you say email it to yourself. Do I need internet on my phone to do this or do you mean a text message?
    Thanks.
    Shelli

16. TGIX

TGIX Member

You send it as a text message, make the music file an attachment. You don't need to save it as a ringtone per se. It just saves and then you go to your ringtones and select it. It's so blooming simple I couldn't believe it either. I had looked for a way to get ringtones into my phone for the longest time (without paying outrageous extra monthly fees to Verizon or paying inflated prices for their software and cable "Music Essentials" kit). I was also loathe to do seem editing and violate my warranty.

This was the answer I had been looking for from the beginning.. So easy a caveman could do it! LOL

Just go to this link. You won't believe how fast and easy it is to do. I almost didn't but then again, I just Knew there had to be an easy way.

17. shellim4

shellim4 Guest

What link?

18. TGIX

TGIX Member

I have no idea why the link didn't show up. I included it in my reply. Some message boards don't show links but it did the first time. So I'm going to put it here again, right here ----> http://www.nicolebatten.com/?p=251 <---- If that doesn't show up, just scroll back a few posts to see where I included it the first time.

19. V3mfs

V3mfs Member

Could anybody tell me if there is any way to enable the bluetooth transfer files feature on V3m from verizon... Would be very helpful. I don't get why verizon does that, if i buy a product i want it just with everything it should have, so please if anybody could help with that it'd be great., thanks!!

20. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

The info was posted earlier in this thread, you need a couple of programs, then you need to enable the file transfer protocol via seem editing.
    Staart here,
    how to start seem editing.
    click here
    then go here.
    seem editing guide
    this is everything you need to know to make your Verizon V3C or V3M manageable.
    Have fun