1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

re:evelution x bootdisk

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by skpippins, Mar 17, 2004.

1. skpippins

skpippins Guest

just wondering if anybody had a solution to creating the evo boot disk.i have the crappy thompson drive the executer2.3 lite tried imation cds sony cd memorex cds nothing works keep gettin wrong disk when i turn on.i got the bios installed with dvd+rw imation cd so i thouht evo would work no luck.im just at the piont to buy one already modded.can any one give me one last hope here.i used qwix nero and a dummy file that was 100meg renamed to default xbe file.please and thankyou.this sight has been really helpful to me. icarbutt helped me get this far he did an exellent job.thanks again

2. Daskins

Daskins Regular member

well if your Evox Boot Disk don't work you can try the slayer's Auto-installer. i coud neve get the evox boot disk to read so i tried slayers and burned it in nero and it worked.

3. skpippins

skpippins Guest

do i have to make a dummy file for that too.

4. Daskins

Daskins Regular member

i didn't

5. alas

alas Member

just double checking: did you select "burn image" on nero instead of burning it as a "data disc"? that could be the source of the problem. other than that it's probably the media (at the very least, use cd-rw)or corrupt/incomplete files on the evox program (get it from a good source)or the default.xbe is in a folder and not in the root of the disc

Last edited: Mar 17, 2004
  6. skpippins

skpippins Guest

the files are good this fn drive wont read crap wont read slayers either.talk about getting pissed off.i will try one more time.then the xbox goes out the window.............

7. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

If you loaded your bios with a CDRW before and now the same disk is not working. I would have to say it's something you are doing wrong making your evox ISO. Are you doing a full erase and not a quick erase on the CDRW disk before burning it? Also finalizing it? You should not be having problems since you already got it to read that disk once already... Just trying to help.. Relax you will get it working..

Matt

8. skpippins

skpippins Guest

i went out and bought brand new cds.do you mean do a full erase on a new cd.regardless im selling mine and im going to get another one with a different drive i hope .i shouldnt have a problem if it is different verion?.this one is 1.0 also when i made the cd am i supposed to see it when i put it back in cdrom in computer.i thought well with evov your supposed to make it xiso i mean as an xbox disk were your pc cant acually read it.thanks guys.this is the best place i could ever get help for my xbox .right after i post a message you guys reply very quickly to answer.youll be hearing from me soon.skpippins

9. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

My bad I thought you were using a CDRW. Your using a DVDRW. I reccomend using a CDRW(re-writable) thats what worked for me.. I seem to remember XBOX having trouble reading CDR's not sure on this though. No you dont have to format a NEW CD. I said that because I thought you were using a CDRW already and it needs to be fully erased before buring a new image on it. Let me get this straight.. You have gotten your BIOS flashed with a DVD-RW and cannot seem to get EVO-X to boot on your XBOX using the same disk. Did you make the EVO-X ISO yourself?

Matt

Last edited: Mar 17, 2004
  10. HawgFan

HawgFan Member

You can try what worked for me (I was having lots of problems too at first). Don't make an ISO. Just burn your dummy file and default.xbe directly using the instructions in this link:

http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/nero6-files.php

Nero will make a UDF/ISO format CD (or you can choose the DVD option in Nero, it works just the same).

Your computer will be able to "see" all the files on the disc you burn using this method (so don't freak out), but your xbox will also see them.

I've given this link/method to others in this forum and have received consistent positive feedback (when nothing else had worked for them).

Give it a try, what do you have to lose!

DJ

PS. I'm batting about 80% using the method above to backup actual games (boot discs have never failed). When it doesn't work, I use Craxtion (with the gdfimage.exe option) to burn a true xbox ISO and then burn it to disc. I'm batting 100% with games (so far) using the latter method.

11. skpippins

skpippins Guest

at first i tried cd-rw 4 different kinds they were new cds so i never formatted firt .then i got so aggravated i popped in a dvd+rw and got the bios to work.so i figured hey this works let me try evox with it .no luck.its been 2weeks now and i feel no matter what i do that evox screen is never gonna come up on my screen.i will try what you guys just sent me.and thanks again for your patience and time with me.glad i found afterdawm.

12. skpippins

skpippins Guest

ok i tried the other way udf iso still telling me make sure it is a xbox disk dvd or audio cd check for scratches.can somebody email me the file already made to burn.i will pm you and give you my email

13. skpippins

skpippins Guest

or maybeee direct connect messenger

14. lowmover

lowmover Guest

I have the slayer auto-installer, but I am in the exact same boat as you, as far as getting it to work. I fill like I wasted my money on the modchip. Anyway I am still trying to get it to work. I can e-mail the slayer to you and you can see if you can get it to work. I know it is a perfect file because I got the offical site. I am trying to burn it to CD-RW but I have also tried DVD-R's with no luck. Just give me your e-mail.

15. skpippins

skpippins Guest

lowmower its skomorny@comcast.net.yea its really gets you agravated.so i went and got another one brand new and it has the thompson drive just like the one i bought.what the fiu6jjtyjtyj.so now i have to go get old one i sold to friend thankgod he is giving me old on back. and i give him new one.no luck over here.thanks

16. shdwsfall

shdwsfall Regular member

K..first off...Thompson drive is just fine...

I used TDK CDRWS and it worked fine the first time.
    Be sure when using nero that you GO TO THE TOP MENU AND CLICK FILE..THEN SELECT BURN IMAGE. This is a VERY common mistake. Another common mistake is with the dummy file...This dummy file should be included when you are making you iso. The only file that gets burned onto the disk is the singular ISO that contains:

default.xbe (evox)
    Evox.ini
    Dummy (This is a folder..and in this folder you put around 200-300 megs of files in it.)

Get all of these files together and put them in a folder named lets say...."boot disk" Now use Craxtion to make an iso of this boot disk folder. Once it makes the ISO...simply burn it with nero using the file menu and selecting BURN IMAGE. It will then ask what iso you would like to burn...you select your evox iso. Make sure its finalized and burned at the slowest speed.
    If you follow that and you use TDK brand on your thompson drive it will work fine...I promise you...

17. skpippins

skpippins Guest

all set guys got it working.dont ask me how .i took chip ot then put it back in.used a cdof slayers i made awhile back and worked.thanks for ya help guys.skpipins

18. skpippins

skpippins Guest

now i have to figure out how to get regular xbox to work .i put new 120 gig works fine enabled but error code when diabled.need to play liuve

19. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

you cannot boot from the original xbox dashboard anymore once you install a new hard drive. You must create a link to your original dashboard inside your NEW dashboard and boot it that way. The xbox tries to "unlock" the origial hd on bootup. when it gets no reponse from the new hd you installed it shuts down and gives the error you are describing.

Matt

Last edited: Mar 19, 2004
  20. skpippins

skpippins Guest

how do i do that any instructions thanks