1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

re: executer 3

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by skpippins, Oct 11, 2004.

1. skpippins

skpippins Guest

i just purchased the xecuter 3 installed the chip have a version 1 xbox i soldered everything but when i boot up i cant get linuxon bios only the xbox one.it shuts down turns on shuts down when i try with chip enabled.please help

2. gtaxbox

gtaxbox Regular member

Check and recheck your solderjob. There might be solder splashes. Also ensure that you followed the right method for your Xbox version.

To find out which version you have, visit http://www.xbox-linux.org/Xbox_Versions_HOWTO

3. skpippins

skpippins Guest

thanks i think its the do point because i had the executer 2.3b lite 2 of them and when it kept shutting of on me that was the problem .but its so damm hard to solder the do point its so small and i had a hard time .everything else was easy.my exbox has the extra connection on the front for the usb and i was pretty sure it was a 1.0

4. gtaxbox

gtaxbox Regular member

Scrape the d0 point before soldering, and use some flux.

5. skpippins

skpippins Guest

thanks i got it working now i need to find ot how to flash bios and can i use my other bios from my executer 2 i think its 4983 red bios please help and thanks you dont know how happy i am.

6. gtaxbox

gtaxbox Regular member

www.xbox-scene.com/tutorials.php

7. skpippins

skpippins Guest

gta is those bios for linux im looking for the other one so i can use evolution x or slayers.thanks

8. gtaxbox

gtaxbox Regular member

You can use the red bios if your 2nd console is not a v1.6. The tutorials contain an #xbins tutorial. Goto that channel on irc for Xbox downloads.

9. skpippins

skpippins Guest

gta thanks i got the m7 to work but iput another chip in another xbox and when i get to the flashing part it says flashing then i get no bar at the bottom the green light turns to amber and keeps flashing amber and thats it nothing happens the other one worked fine.please help.

10. scottas

scottas Guest

Why not use the X3 1879 bios? It designed for the X3. The live config will let you flash bios via ftp, http, hdd or disk. It also lets you set hdd partitions and you can ftp the dash and apps directly.
    Check out the forums here http://www.teamxecuter.com/index.php?name=Forums

11. XboxRocks

XboxRocks Member

Hi everyone..I recently installed xecuter 3 mod chip and even flashed bios with xecuter 3.0 bios flash. It boots to the xecuter screen and I can see all the kewl options and all, but then after about 30 seconds the screen goes black and my power light starts flashing orange..any suggestions?

12. skpippins

skpippins Guest

your chip might be loose make sure you check all the connections i know when my chip wasnt installed right i never got any video at all.it turned on but that was it.i bought a nice magnafying glass and checked all the solder points.trust me i blew to boards already. luckily i only pay 100$ for the xboxes.used.

13. skpippins

skpippins Guest

just to let you guys know te x3 chip i had was bad.i sent back and got a new one working fine.so whoever gets to the point where you install the chip and your trying to flash but get no indicator of the green bar going across most ikely bad chip on the chip.ive seen many forums of people asking the same question.i returned and know works fine.thanks skpippins

14. XboxRocks

XboxRocks Member

The soldering points were redone a half a dozen times and checked by 3 ppl..but I think I will get a magnifying glass anyway..was able to flash just fine, and it even booted to the options screen..stayed on for about 30 seconds then the screen went totally black and the power started flashing orange..when the bios was flashed all dip switches were set to the off position which turns out was wrong, the other box we flashed turned out fine with the first two switches in the on position and the others off..so my question if anyone can answer is where did it flash to? Also I can't get to the back up bios to reflash..so what to do:O(

15. scottas

scottas Guest

Two ways to reflash, 1. hold both on and eject buttons on power up, should boot to flash bios. 2. If you have enough time, ftp the new bios to c:bios, then go to bios tools, select flash main bios and specify the location (c:bios). The switch order should not matter, I leave them all off, the main x3 will initially flash to banks 1-4, remember it's a 1024 bios, if you want others just specify which bank(s) to flash to from the bios tools screen. you can also choose which banks to load from there and reboot with it. The switches aren't even needed with this chip, I installed mine just for the hdd and lan lights.

16. scottas

scottas Guest

The newest x3 bios may fix the problem. I've read a few posts on team x's site early on that sounded like the problem your having.

17. XboxRocks

XboxRocks Member

Thanks for your input..I'm thinking I may have done something to the board now, tried to re-solder the pinbank and DO, ended up just taking everything off and seeing if it would boot without the chip in..I got nothing but a flashing green/red powerlight and the xbox got super hot..looking for a new motherboard on ebay...lol, looks like i'll be tring again? *sigh*

18. XboxRocks

XboxRocks Member

correction on that last post..the power button was flashing red, not green/red.