1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Re-flashing chip Help!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by bigniggy, Jan 2, 2004.

1. bigniggy

bigniggy Member

Ok, I guess I had a bad flash..... so... I am going to reflash the chip, I dont want to buy an external programmer and I have another modchip in a different xbox anyway.... so im going to do the "hotswap" This wont cause anything on the 2nd chip I am putting into my xbox right?? It will just fix my xbox??? what should I do, I just put the 2nd chip in, now what do I need to burn to a cd, slayers auto installer?? If so, how. If not, what do I burn to reflash....the dummy file and the linuxbio.bin file?? Ughh what do i do! I am so confused!

2. MikeDDR

MikeDDR Regular member

The best way is using a programmer but you could do the hotswap... first put the bios file in the bios directory of the working xbox in drive C... then turn on the working xbox, when evox is up and running remove the chip and put your defective chip in... now look in the evox menu for the flash bios option then flash your chip with the bios you've put in the dir. Turn off the xbox... remove the chip and put it back in the xbox that wasn't working and Voila!