1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Re-softmod with a new HDD

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by Chust, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Chust

Chust Member

Why hello there,

I've prepared a new HDD for my xbox which worked fine.
    After that I could, of course, only use the normal MS Dashboard.
    Seeing as I do not have a memory card or an AR I was looking for another way to softmod my xbox.
    I was able to tget into the krayzie tools screen by starting up splinter cell and loading the linux savegamething (I have not softmodded an xbox before, someone else did this one for me).
    I tried turning on the softmod again but I got the "batch process failed. The last item was: . Action Rename" error.
    After restarting my xbox I could not even get into the normal MS dash anymore.
    I can however still get into the krayzie tools screen through the splinter cell thing.
    I am also able to FTP to the xbox
    So I was wondering if there still is a way to softmod my xbox with all this.
    Or do I really have to buy one of those memory cards or Action Replays?

Cheers~

2. anthonygg

anthonygg Guest

if you can ftp into it, it sounds like its still modded. so ftp a new splinter cell save onto it and try again. or you can ftp a new dash and overwrite the original. i would recommend evolution x. at least i like it anyways.

3. Chust

Chust Member

Ah, I forgot to copy the shadowc.img from my old HDD as it couldnt fit onto a normal cdrw otherwise.
    solved it by ftping softmod installer deluxe v5.10 onto the xbox.
    ran into another little problem though, I could not create a backup of the C: drive as it was modified.
    solved that by using the MS dash from http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/311710

4. anthonygg

anthonygg Guest

well glad i could be of some assistance.

5. Chust

Chust Member

Aye!
    Cheers for that :)