1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

read error

Discussion in 'Blu-ray' started by w00dy65, Nov 26, 2011.

1. w00dy65

w00dy65 Member

I have been ripping all my dvds and blu-rays to my hard drive with dvdfab but have been having problems with some blu-rays.
    I get a read error, they play fine on the ps3 etc any ideas?
    problem disc are : The Kings Speech, Gran Torino, Sex and Drugs and Rock and roll

2. Joe_1981

Joe_1981 Regular member

What are you using to remove the copy protection when you rip them? And is your DVDfab up to date? You should be using AnyDVD to remove copy protection on the disc when you rip them. I know DVDfab will rip discs and remove protection itself, but I know some movies don't always work. Try running a new version of AnyDVD while you rip with DVDfab.

3. w00dy65

w00dy65 Member

dvdfab is up to date
    I havent used any dvd because the trial ran out and it seemed expensive

4. Joe_1981

Joe_1981 Regular member

The good thing about Anydvd is it is strictly for removing copy protection and it is updated very frequently, likely a lot more frequently than dvdfab is. If you're getting read errors only on certain discs, it's likely that dvdfab is having a problem with the disc protection. Anydvd is a little pricey, but I will say, it is worth it, because they update it ALL THE TIME. There's also an online Anydvd database that the program can connect to if it has a problem with a specific disc and it can usually decrypt the disc on the fly from the online database.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2011
  5. w00dy65

w00dy65 Member

Ive bought anydvd but still no joy it might be a damaged disc