1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Read the read1st still have a question- cant burn large iso

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by BBowie, Mar 3, 2004.

1. BBowie

BBowie Member

I have an iso file that is 706 (740,382,720 bytes, which is divisible by 2048) and I can not get it to burn. Every program complains that it is too large. So I've gone thru the guides here, the various links to check for protection on the iso.

I've used a-ray ( http://www.aray-software.com ) and clony to look for protection on the image, but I get two results:

Clony complains that it can't find a file in the directory structure and errors out (intentional bad data?)

A-ray doesn't find anything.

The software, when loaded on my system is a mere 16mb, so something odd is up with the iso.

Please tell me what I need to do to get this burned, I've tried everything my newbie brain can think of (nero, alcohol 120, EZCD) and nothing is working.

Thanks in advance!

2. BBowie

BBowie Member

I just realized that the install does in fact need to read the CD or ISO- I don't have my CD with me so it wouldn't play until I mounted the iso in alcohol 120... so the iso is valid (at least to run the program) but I still have no idea how to get it to burn.

3. BBowie

BBowie Member

Erm... nevermind- I found the overburn on alcohol 120 :D

4. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

For future reference, applications like Padus Discjggler and CDRWIN5 (which is made by Padus Corp and based on their Discjuggler 'engine') allow for all that low level manipulation. In fact, they dont even warn you if you are burnig too much....it will just burn until it runs out of disc :p