1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

READ THIS if you have file extensions r00, .001, etc. and dunno what to do!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by BR7, Jan 27, 2005.

1. jerkoon

jerkoon Member

this looks like a very good and friendly forum. I have searched all over the internet for soooo long trying to solve my problem. The problem is when i try to open a *.r01 file (or similar) it say that the archive format is unknown or damaged. the files are not corrupt or damaged i've checked that. i've tried to right click and select "extract files..." but it will say that the archive is empty. I have no clue why this is working for everybody else buti have no clue what to do now. tried jimbob's advice since he talks about my exact problem but i didn't figure out the point of splitting and joining (i dont get it)

when i downloaded the files i'm pretty sure the files were called something.001 and they were not ascosiated with a programm. then i tried to open with winrar and now the first couple of files automatically got that winrar icon. and they all have the same name now:
    hp4-dvdscr-cd1-done
    i suppose the endings are still different but just aren't displayed.
    anyway, i still have more files below that:
    files *.r30 through *.r48 and the *.sfv file.

here is a screenshot (i double clicked on the first file):
    [​IMG]

i hope somebody can help me. I've tried everything i know of without succes =(

Last edited: Feb 22, 2006
  2. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Sorry been away...That's strange, It looks like the program is seeing an iso (all those rar files make up a split iso image) If you still havewn't sorted it try opening up your burning app and trying to burn an image...Point the app at the bottom file the .r00, I seen those act like .cue files once or twice..( I think they have actually split the .iso and it should "unpack on the fly")I think someone is trying to be clever and only let people who are members at certain places access this...

3. Noamos

Noamos Regular member

So what if you downloaded an iso do go just burn that or would have to make a xiso and then burn, or how would I go about verifying that it is a xiso or that its not corrupted.

4. theridges

theridges Guest

usually if you download a Ready to burn image it shouldnt give you an error message....Iso or Xiso....it looks like you have a damaged .rar file you can go re download that .r00 seperately and replace the one you have it will probably fix the problem....

5. Noamos

Noamos Regular member

Thanks

6. patrickre

patrickre Member

Hello,

So I got some r00 files, I clicked one got a iso. Then I extracted it and on the end it says
    "file name.r52: Packed data CRC failed in file name.iso. The volume is corrupt"

what should I do? N
    Normally it works!?

Patrick

Last edited: Nov 27, 2006
  7. Wesmosis

Wesmosis Member

8. theridges

theridges Guest

just go download whatever .rar file is corrupted....

9. celebi10

celebi10 Guest

Hi, I have a few questions. Does this work with PS2 also? Because I have thos files but for a PS2 game. Also I would like to know, Once you extract the file .001 into the iso, what do I do with it? I have a mac and i usually burn images in a program called disk utility.

10. fido08

fido08 Member

i have recently downloaded a game but the archive start at .r001 what should i do?...help plz

11. nyk0n

nyk0n Regular member

Thanks BR7 for this great guide :)

12. ThaPJs

ThaPJs Member

I followed your steps 123 and I was watching my movie in 2 mins!!!
    Great info thanks man...

13. stresout

stresout Member

I can usually figure things out given enough time. But now I'm in over my head. I downloaded a game, and ended with a dr.000 file and a dr.dvd file. Now all I want to do is burn the sucker and make it work on the 360. I tried it with imgburn twice, and received the same error code but in different sectors

W 20:53:24 Failed to Read Sector 1317328 - Reason: Unknown (CRC or ECC Error) (ASC: 0x10, ASCQ: 0x90)

I spent 60 bucks on DL, please help me salvage this before I've ruined all these DVDs

Thank you

14. TheoNZ

TheoNZ Member

Good day, my first time so excuse the silly question and also the spelling as i am a Dutchman. I have downloaded a .r00, r001,ext but when i want to open it it askes me for a password.
    Any help please. the file was
    "http://rapidshare.com/files/201056384/nzaaa2k9.r00
    Thank you...