1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Read + Write drives on DVD Cloner

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by mhon, Feb 25, 2005.

1. mhon

mhon Guest

Hi
    I have just re-installed my PC system and am now not able to use DVD Cloner v2.20 to make back-ups on my DVD burner (drive F) from my other DVD player (drive E) as the drive options do not appear in the drop down menu of the DVD Cloner software.
    I now have to use the same drive to both read and then write.
    I noticed in subsequent revisions (including v2.35) of the DVD Cloner I was unable to find the second drive option, therefore, I went back to v2.20. However, after the re-installation it now seems v2.20 has lost this feature too.
    Can anyone help me re-instate the second drive option which I had originally when I installed v2.20.
    Cheers

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I'm not at all familiar with DVD Cloner so this is just a shot in the dark but maybe and ASPI install or update may help. Here's a link to instructions and the download:

http://cd-rw.org/articles/archive/aspisetup.cfm

Will other apps recognize the drive? Maybe unistalling thew drive through Device Manager will help:

Go to Device Manager >

Expand the tree for DVD/CD ROM Drives >

Find the drive in question, right click it and go to Properties >

Under the Driver tab, select Uninstall then OK.

Now reboot and Windows should detect and reinstall the drive.

If this doesn't help try the same steps as above except expand the tree for IDE ATA/ATA Controllers and uninstall either the Primary or Secondary controller depending on which one the drive in question is attatched to. Nero Info Tool can tell you which chain the drive is on under the Configuration tab.

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/cdr_software/cdr_tools/nero_info_tool.cfm