1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reading backups, Viper GC Extreme

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by cubelover, Feb 1, 2007.

1. cubelover

cubelover Member

I have installed my viper gc extreme and installed 2.1 cobra bios. I put in a burnt copy of resident evil 4 (maxell dvd-r full size) and it played. Problem is i just went to turn it on and it doesn't play anymore. It will spin then stop/then the memory card GC screen comes up. It seems its fairly random when it loads and doesnt loads. I have checked my pot ohms and its 215. Anybody know whats up? Is it my media? By the way all original GC games work.

2. tabletpc

tabletpc Guest

question when did you purchase your gamecube

the last batch of gamecubes that where shipped out from nintendo seem to not function very well with mod chips

older decks seem to work what i would recommend doing is reprogram your mod chip with a new bios rom and try it again

also did you patch res evil 4 before you ran it capcom has there anti mod chip software installed on that game so you need a patch so it doesn't disable your chip on my ps2 res evil 4 disabled my mod chip and i had to buy a new one because the chip ended up with some kind of password protection but no big deal i just installed a new one and it works fine after patching the iso so i would recommend looking for a patch for the game for gamecube and try again

3. cubelover

cubelover Member

I have an old gamecube. Damn. That makes since why it only worked once. How can I get my chip right again? This suckS, I thought the reason for having a mod chip is so you dont have to patch stuff

4. cubelover

cubelover Member

I just put in my cobra 2.1 bio disk and loaded up new bios. Unfortunately this didnt' fix it. Anybody know what to do? By the way where is that RE4 patch. I have searched for an hour and half and still cant find it.

5. cubelover

cubelover Member

I grabed some new media today (memorex dvd-r) and reflashed my bios to cobra 2.1. I burned th's underground 2 and all is well. I played fine. Now about that patch for Resident Evil 4...Could someone direct me to a forum in which I could ask some questions about where to find it, ect?
    Thanks,

-KylE

6. cubelover

cubelover Member

I just got a DRE on the Underground 2 burn. Damnit, im completely sick of this. I suppose it could be my burner. Im using an LG burner. I will run dvd info pro and post my results.

7. chopin221

chopin221 Member

Use better media, ritek is the best!