1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Real media to VCD

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Kcooper, Apr 13, 2004.

1. Kcooper

Kcooper Member

I need help, I have tried several different applications and cannot get my Real media (.rm and .RMVB files to convert to something that will burn to VCD. I tried using EO video to convert .RM file to an .mpg and it went all the way through the conversion which took several hours but after all that finished up it would not play in anything, all players said it had an invalid video stream. Does ANYONE know of a quick and simple way to convert these, I know the quality will suck but i just want a way to watch these videos on something other than my PC. Thanks for any help.

2. nicky689

nicky689 Member

Hi
    I have just been looking for the same thing, go to rmconverter.com u can dowload a demo version or buy from here that converts them to avi, mpegs.

3. Kcooper

Kcooper Member

How is the quality with this?

4. andmerr

andmerr Guest

dont use real media but for a conversion program maybe try this site

www.avsmedia.com

the program you want is AVS media converter 2.6.
    The program will convert avi/mpeg/wmv/RM ETC

andmerr

5. Kcooper

Kcooper Member

Thanks, I know the video quality with real media sucks after any conversion, It just happens that all these were downloaded in a pack and I can't find avi's to replace them so until I do I am just dealing with the crappy video.

6. andmerr

andmerr Guest

an alternative would be:

quote:

go to rmconverter.com u can dowload a demo version or buy from here that converts them to AVI, mpegs.

then

go to this site below and get this program cucusofts avi to vcd/dvd/svcd-v3.55

www.avi-vcd.com

you then should be able to comvert to a more useable format which would play in a standalone and your PC

andmerr