1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Real problems backing up my Game

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by donalcorr, Jan 24, 2005.

1. donalcorr

donalcorr Member

I have a PC game of the Simpsons Hit and Run that I would like to back up. I was trying with a NEC DVD_RW ND-1300A or Plextor PX-W2410TA to do this but with no success. What it did was copy the game but wouldn't launce it. I used Alcohol 120%, CloneCD, VirtualCD and Blindwrite 5, but no luck. I was advised that it was my writer was the problem and that certain Lite-on and ASUS writers were good for doing this job, as they are 2 sheep writers. the protection on the game is SecuRom *New* v4.85.07.0029, with 10 skulls using ClonyXXL to scan it. In order to get this job done, I bought a Lite-on writer CD-RW SOHR 5338S but alas using Alcohol 120% to burn it, the same thing happened with the full MB's copied, but it will not launch the game from the copied CD. Help if you can, its getting frustrating now, 3 writers and approx 10 cd's later. I need to beat this, it owes me. All ideas greatly received.

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

BlindWrite5 and BW5Tweaker are the best choice for SecuROM games. You should also ditch ClonnyXXl since it's no longer being updated. A-Ray Scanner is the way to go so here's a link to it and another for BW5 Tweaker:

http://www.aray-software.com/

http://nephilim.ccsau.info/BW5Tweaker.exe

Once you have BW5 Tweaker installed give this a go:

Open BlindWrite5 Tweaker and you should be looking at the Basic Settings tab where you'll want the following settings:

[​IMG]

Now click on the Topology tab and use these settings:

[​IMG]

Once everything is set go ahead and click Run BlindWrite and let her rip :)

Last edited: Jan 25, 2005