1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Real quick Hard Drive question

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by hockeyfrk, Jun 3, 2004.

1. hockeyfrk

hockeyfrk Member

well I just upgraded to a 120gig hard drive. when I ran my xbox with the new hard drive (there is a preinstalled Evox dash on it) it boots from the chip fine, but i can't boot it from MS bios and MS dash. for example, on my other Hard drive, I pressed the xbox on with one quick press and it booted from MSdash with the MS bios, so my Xbox live worked fine and everything, and I can access my saved games, and if i held the power button on for 2 seconds it booted from the chip with the xecutor bios and Evox dash. Now it says Your System needs maintenence or something, with an Error Code 5 (i'm looking that up as I type). How can I get it so I can boot from both my original Xbox BIOS and dash AND my chip, like my old hard drive did?

btw, I CAN access MSdash through my chip, but my Xecutor BIOS is still in effect, so LIVE still won't work. I want to run my xbox with the Xbox BIOS as well.

2. hockeyfrk

hockeyfrk Member

figured it out... just had to lock the hard drive through Evox

3. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

why cant you access ms dash through evox?

if yo ulock your drive, a tip is write down the password details etc
    cos if your mo/bo for some reason, messes up or blows up! then you cannot unlock your hdd
    if you have the password etc, then you can do it on your pc