1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

really need help please help me

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by gun_busta, Mar 26, 2005.

1. gun_busta

gun_busta Member

i am trying to burn a avi file to a dvdr disc i need to know excatly how to do it how to convert the file exp. avi to mpg or whatever it needs to be to go on dvd and what it the best program to use. I know i sound like a pain but can someone just give me step by step instructions i would really appreciate it.

2. Gringle

Gringle Guest

Download the free conversion tool from here.http://www.vso-software.fr/

This conversion tool will place the converted AVIs' in its own folder in your documents. dvxtodvd.

I access this folder with DVDShrink/nero, open it select what I want too burn to a DVD disc.

happy burning

gringle

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2005
  3. john179

john179 Active member

Mainconcept is very good and easy to use.You just browse for the file you want to convert click what format you want to convert it to click start and the job is as good as done.If your gonna put on a dvd yu may as well convert to dvd format.

4. Gringle

Gringle Guest

gun_busta this VSO program is so simple, download, the free converter, download the free DVDshink,

1/ Convert an AVI file with DVXToDVD, [by default] this now converted file will now go into a dvxtodvd folder in My Documents:
    (there's no need to start creating files and folders, stick to the defaults for now.)

Use DVDshrink to access this folder and burn with nero from there.

If you don't know how to use the Shrink/nero combination go here http://www.dvdplusvideo.com/tutorial007.html

Bubbles rule :)

Night before last, using bubbly methods, I managed to convert a more than acceptable extended AVI version of the LOR Return of the King, three 700mbs plus CD [discs?]
    Onto one 4.329 DVD disc.

It came out much better than I would have thought. lol

O'h and if by chance you have an AVI disc, or two or three?
    You would like to convert into DVDs' for some reason (maybe just my PC)
    I've found VSO free can't access the ROM drive, but it will access a desktop shortcut.

regards and happy burning

kudos pete.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2005