1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

REALLY NEED HELP WITH MY XBOX

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by Tbird11, May 12, 2005.

1. Tbird11

Tbird11 Member

Alrighty, here's the deal. My brother got me a Western Digital HD and a Xecutor2.6 or something and I dont know how to intall the modchip or program the HD. If anyone has anybody who knows how to unstall this or will install it PLEASE HELP. I've been to websites with step by step but I still dont know!!!

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!

2. JimmyO

JimmyO Guest

the xecuter chip is easy, i can provide you with 2 guides (both paper based so you can sit and read them instead of looking at a computer screen), but if you aint any good at soldering, make sure that you get a 'xapter' adapter for the executer 2.6 chip, this means you can screw it down without even soldering it. If you dont want the guides snding, go check out www.xbox-scene.com for all the advice you will ever need.

I also have a bios flashdisk that you will need to program the chip and an operating system that you can install with one click and no degree in computer programming.

You can make the flashdisk and the os disk (evultion x dashboard) yourself, but i guarentee it will take you a while to figure it out and you may waste plenty of dvdr disks in the process, again, xbox-scene is your best bet, unless you want to do it the easy way and get someone to do it for you.

Is the hard drive he bought you a standard pc hard drive (if so it needs partitioning before you can install it) or is it ready to plug in.

Regards

jim....

3. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Just worry about installing the chip before worrying about upgrading the hard drive (which is major easy to install I must add). Have you looked at Xecuters site yet? http://www.teamxecuter.com/ They have every tutorial you could ever find for Xecuter chips, and the forums is a great place to chat if you do not know what your doing....

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2005
  4. Tbird11

Tbird11 Member

Where do I go to in that xecutor website? I'm sorry but I dont know abything about how to install. All i do is play Rainbow6 on Xbox Live and thats it. lol But I think I will eventually get it

5. Tbird11

Tbird11 Member

And yes Jimmy, Its a standard HD

6. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

Pimp has some excellent advice
    do it a step at a time.
    Personally I will always believe solder modchips to be better than solderless.
    Also make sure you check the model type of your xbox (1.0 to 1.6b)
    Executer 2.6 chips are, excellent modchips, can be reflashed from evox, and have a really usefull blue HDD light and orange LAN light. (so you dont have to keep changine the TV channel over to see if your backup loaded or transferred etc)

7. Tbird11

Tbird11 Member

I have the 1.6v though so it's alot harder to do than the others. I haven't started yet but I have looked inside my xbox and seen what I have to do so I dont really screw up. But what I'm confused about is when you have put the pin in the beginning. Do I have to solder it and then put the pin all the way through the motherboard?

8. Tbird11

Tbird11 Member

I have the 1.6v though so it's alot harder to do than the others. I haven't started yet but I have looked inside my xbox and seen what I have to do so I dont really screw up. But what I'm confused about is when you have put the pin in the beginning. Do I have to solder it and then put the pin all the way through the motherboard?

9. Tbird11

Tbird11 Member

Well I dont know if its harder to install with a 1.6 though because Ive never done it!!!!

10. JimmyO

JimmyO Guest

I believe you need a different bios for the flash disk if you have the 1.6 version of the xbox...let me know if you cant find it, if you do ill tell you how to make the flashdisk (must use blank dvd) yourself.

Jim

11. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Before Tbird11 even thinks about a bios, he needs to install the chip and get that working first!

You need to tell us EXACTLY what kind of chip you have

You kind of have to know what chip you are using, no guessing here!

Seriously, look around on Team Xecuters site, have you even found the install guide for your chip yet?

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2005
  12. JimmyO

JimmyO Guest

can anyone tell me what the latest bios for the xecuter 2.6ce chip is at all? i have the 49863? i think, but i heard there was an updated bios, no ideas, my head has been up my butt all day.

jim

13. Tbird11

Tbird11 Member

I HAVE THE XECUTER 2.6 FOR SURE!

14. Tbird11

Tbird11 Member

And yes, I have seen a step by step installation guide but I just dont want to mess up with soldering because I have never soldered before.

15. JimmyO

JimmyO Guest

Get yourself a 'xapter' adapter, you can screw this to the motherboard using the pre-prepared holes already there, and simply slot the chip in, no soldering at all, easy peasy.

Jim

16. Tbird11

Tbird11 Member

So your saying that if I get a Xapter Adapter, I dont have to get a soldering iron? But where do all the other wires go?

17. Tbird11

Tbird11 Member

Because if thats the case then I'll buy that right now. lol.

18. Tbird11

Tbird11 Member

Works on Xbox versions from v1.0-v1.5 (v1.6 and v1.6B is not compatible) THIS WEBSITE WHERE I CAN BUY IT SAYS ITS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH MY v1.6!!!!!

19. Tbird11

Tbird11 Member

SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME!!! I have very little clue what I'm doing because I'm such a noob at this!!

20. Tbird11

Tbird11 Member

OK GUYS JK I HAVE A VERSION 1.0 OR 1.1 BECAUSE THE DATE OF IT IS 2002-8-16 WHICH MEANS I CAN GET THE ADAPTER!!!!!