1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

realtek audio manager screen

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by rtrg, Dec 29, 2018.

1. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

I tried to use a usb sound card that is plug and play. no drivers needed nor does it come with a cd. it does not work in any usb port even though it is being powered. all 10 ports are enabled and the realtek driver is working. the REALtek hd audio manager screen is missing. I tried to download it but failed. the "run" dialog after extracting does not appear. the overall volume is now lower. all volume sliders are at 100%. before the sound card I had the sliders set to 60 to 80%, more than enough. any higher produced clipping. i suspect the manager had something to do with allowing a lower slider setting. how do I download the manager as a separate app? for HP elite 8000 cmt, win 7 pro 32 bit. At present tv volume needs to be increased to compensate. I am using a pc to tv converter. the audio comes from the line out jack. the small amp connected to the same line out is not effected. solutions please?

2. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Did you look in control panel for the Realtek manager icon? Did you look in control panel "sound" to see which item is defaulted for audio?

3. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

yes and yes. no icon in any list. only indication of its presence is in the volume dialog. installation of the manager as a stand alone also failed 3 times.

4. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Have you tried uninstalling from device manager? If not open device manager, look up all of your audio devices, right click and uninstall them, reboot and let them be reinstalled.

5. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

no i will try that

6. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

2nd attempt. tried again and still no manager. tried to install as a stand alone app. no success. I still am living without it. I tried rolling back to an earlier time/state when it WAS there. no success yet again. the only other thing I can think of is a fresh OS install. perhaps it will turn up then. 3 hours of work to reinstall my many apps. is there a setting in the bios that needs to be changed?

7. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Take care that the fault is not in the USB sound card. Have you tried the unit on another PC? On some computers an error like that can be caused by a default setting in the bios. If you have an onboard built in audio unit that was there before you purchased your USB unit then there could be a hardware conflict. This is something that is harmless to try as long as you remember your settings. Boot into bios and search for your onboard card, and then disable it, save and then boot back into windows and try again. I can't be more specific because each system biod is quite different.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019