1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear projected Mits. or Infocus projector for hard core usage?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by heny4563, Oct 25, 2004.

1. heny4563

heny4563 Member

Ok I just recently bought a 65" Mitsubishi WS-65315 rear projected widescreen which i tend to use it for hard-core gaming as well as my 3 guy siblings in the house which means we will be getting atleast 10 hours of gaming with an addition of a movie per day with some 4:3 stretched television, AND some laptop displaying also in the mix, ESPECIALLY in the summer or winter breaks when i know this set is not going to turn off for very long. Well knowing that I'm afraid of getting image burn-in and i know how to avoid it but I dont feel like i should be worrying since a television is for fun and not for worrying but i guess i cant help it. So the question is should i return this television since ive only had it for a week and get a projector like the Infocus 5000 which i think in QVC claims to have no side effects of burn-in,PLUS you can do all gaming you want and computer work you want with no risks for a price of 1700 that is also "like" actual HDTV and be 6' or would the quality just not be the same that i should just keep the mitsubishi?

Other pros and cons questions..

1. What are the costs differences of replacement bulbs for projectors to the rear projection?
    2. Will you still see image burn-in after you replace the bulb on the rear projected tv?

2. ATIROCKS

ATIROCKS Regular member

First of all, the a burn-in can only appear if the image has been on display for a long period of time. Like if your playing old school nintendo and leave it on for some period of time, then you will see a burn-in image. I dont think it would happen with system like xbox and such. Because of its 3d environment. Also, the bulbs on projectors are expensive, like $300, some even more. Projector light bulbs last around 1000-4000 hours, the average projector probobally lasts arounf 1500-2000 hours. And if your going to be using it 10 hours a day for 365 days a year, you can do the math. So, in my opinion i would rather just stick with the big screen you have right now.